cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CONTEST CLOSED] A Guest Community Challenge!

Kind of a big deal

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 12.18.56 PM.png

UPDATE: this challenge has ended. Thanks to everyone who submitted their ideas! Our randomly selected winners are: @SeaTec and @r_timmons. Congrats! 

Blake here, giving this month’s Community Challenge!

Here’s the scenario: you’ve been hired by Meraki to develop new features within the dashboard. What features would you add or adjust first?  These can be anything from how the dashboard interacts with Meraki hardware to 3rd party services such as Apple VPP / DEP or even just the admin side of the dashboard i.e. users, licensing or inventory. The cloud’s the limit!

How to enter

Describe a feature or features in the dashboard that you would take in your own direction in a comment on this post before 11 a.m. PST on Friday, December 13th, 2019. Comments will be public throughout the contest.

How to win

There will be two winners for this challenge. Once the submission period ends, we will randomly select 2 winners from all of the respondents. Winners will receive one of these Osprey Ultralight Stuff Packs!

mrkimbka01212_1.jpg

Terms & conditions

• Limit one entry per community member.
  • Submission period: Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 at 11am PST through Friday, December 13th, 2019 at 10:59am PST
  • Prize will be a selection of Meraki swag with value not exceeding USD 50.00
  • Official terms, conditions, and eligibility information
95 Comments
Here to help

It would be great to have IPsec VPNs with IKEv2 and modern crypto algorithms. DH1, 2 and 5, MD5 and SHA1 are not recommendable. It would be useful for site-to-site and client VPN, too. Maybe it's useful, supporting AnyConnect for client VPN, additional to the existing support for native clients.

Here to help

I would love to have something that shows my AP coverage so I know if I am good or not.  I know most of the functions I want are there somewhere I just can't find them, so maybe a better UX on the dashboard side.  I know I am not as proficient as some but that is what brought me to Meraki it was something I could help manage and I didn't have to run to the big techs for everything, especially a reboot, and that is what I talk up the most to others thinking about moving to Meraki is that you don't always need all those letters after your name to get a AP up and working or to find and fix easy stuff like bad cables.  But that GUI could use some TLC.

Conversationalist

For folks running Advanced Security Licenses on their MX Devices:

1. Ability to send certain issues directly to SMS, like Malware, etc.  My email tends to find ways to eat my many Meraki Notifications.

2. More analytics regarding utilization. For example, I know sometimes my MX Devices seem to just stop logging and get overloaded.  You are tracking all our usages and data, and know way more about our devices capabilities then we do, so it would be nice if you gave us weekly or monthly updates like, "hey your device can't keep up with your FiOS 1G Connection your client just upgraded to, time to upgrade", or "hey, your customer just grew 200% and this MX68 isn't cutting it for 120 users, time to upgrade".  All things that would help sell more Meraki Equipment.  Especially if it rolled everything up in to a nice online report we could share with the customers. 

3. There should be a picture of a unicorn somewhere that you can click on. That would clearly be something no competitors have.

Conversationalist

Under the maps tab under markers it would be nice to be able to see current channels each AP is on. 

Here to help

I would list needed info on certain screens. 

• Like the uplink IP address on the site to site screen.
  • A rollover icon to see what vlans and IP address are defined on the MX on the status page (have to keep going back and forth between the status page and the IP address info page.
  •  
  • Fix the 'address and Vlans' page to when you click on it, it doesn't change the mode to ‘Passthru’
Here to help

The feature I wish to have is the ability to create multiple VPN hub groups. With that, I can have a group of hubs for our own datacenters, and have a different group for our partner's datacenters, so that we have a clearer separation.

Getting noticed

Access to Spare device via interlink or downlink.

Most of my customers are concerned about device accessibility when spare device's uplink is gone bad.

For now, there is no way to access spare device's local status page without Internet connection.

But sometimes, I have to access to it in order to check status and change uplink configuration to bring it back up.

Building a reputation

Please add some nice realtime live-logging of the firewall like the Sophos UTM has.

That would be really great to do troubleshooting

Building a reputation

I would also like to see better features on the uplink tab. I want to be able to see if sites are maxing out uploads consistently.

maybe have live data, then data previous day, 1 month, and 1 week for uplink traffic

New here

Hello there,

One of the many things that would be very helpful is the real time application monitor, by user, device, IP, etc. and to have the option to differentiate the device type in general and not only over the Meraki APs.

Thanks!

Comes here often

Integration with Cisco Threat Response Dashboard. 
make it a advanced sec license feature

Just browsing

A profile Menu Icon on the dashboard to view and edit account information   (and add or remove customers from it) etc.

At present I see the list of organisations under my account, but not a global account profile  (without having to re-login elsewhere).

Conversationalist
Better ways to debug problems and monitoring with 3rd party site to site vpns and a dedicated vpn client 🙂
Getting noticed

Immediate/live display of bandwidth usage on any MX or MS ports (MR would be nice but the first two are needful), if possible with available breakdown by type of traffic.

If it also gave us the ability to then filter the view to traffic on (say) an MX WAN port that is sourcing or sinking from a particular client or switch port and display that usage in real time, that would be icing on the pudding on the cake.

Most of my other wishes are capabilities, not dashboard items:  the ability to use arbitrary IP address ranges, not just CIDR; the ability to create 'groups' of addresses, address ranges, CIDR ranges, for use in rules, the ability to create groups of services/ports for use in rules so we don't have to create so many individual rules... 

Community Manager

Thanks for a fun challenge, @BlakeRichardson! Congrats to our randomly selected winners, @SeaTec and @r_timmons