Devices need to replaced by Meraki?

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Devices need to replaced by Meraki?

Just got this email. Does anybody know what products they are replacing? I own some older ones I want to use still but they aren't in my inventory currently.

Dear Cisco Meraki Organization Administrator,

We are reaching out to inform you that some of your active Meraki devices need to be replaced on or before July 22, 2020. This required replacement is due to a dashboard security certificate expiry issue that can only be resolved by replacing the impacted device(s).

To see the list of impacted device(s), visit the Hardware Replacement page.

We have flagged your dashboard organization with this banner message:

"This organization contains devices which need to be replaced due to a security certificate expiration..."

To learn more, see Hardware Replacement due to Dashboard Security Certificate Expiration.

If a replacement is not made before July 22, 2020, the expected behavior is that the affected unit will remain online but will not update its configuration. As a result, even if you make a change on the dashboard intended to affect the unit, the change will not be applied to the device. Only configurations through the local status page will be applied to the device. Over time, you will also see a configuration out-of-date alert on your dashboard network.

The hardware replacements for the dashboard security certificate expiry only applies to the units listed on the Hardware Replacement page.

Replacement Instructions:

To begin the replacement process for your impacted units, please visit the Replacement Instructions Support Page. If you need further assistance, please contact Meraki Support.

Thank you.

Cisco Meraki

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
7 Replies 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RumorConsumer  Do you have any equipment that Meraki has a replacement program for i.e. MS225-48FP?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I thought this was for older MXs, but if you click on the link suggested, does it not tell you which devices are impacted?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Go Help/Hardware Replacements and it will tell you what is affected.

sammeader
Here to help

I have also just received this. If it is true, why are they only sending the email on the day it says the devices need to be replaced by? And also when I go through all of my Orgs to the Hardware Replacement page it states there is nothing needed to be replaced?

@sammeader 

@RodrigoC

Agreed.  I got the same email the day of.  

I got the same thing....Orgs to the Hardware Replacement page it states there is nothing needed to be replaced

I opened a support case, so far, engineer has no idea what she is working with.  

Keep us updated 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels