48 port switch fans

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

48 port switch fans

I'm curious guys. Is it just me or do the fans on the 48 port Meraki switches sound louder? If it is that way by design that's okay but I just want to know if anyone else noticed this? 

Thanks

kYutobi

Enthusiast
4 REPLIES 4
Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

We got a 250 in one of our suites and it's definitely a bit louder than all the other ones we have. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
MerakiCrazy31
Here to help

Hi,

It might be worth giving the Meraki support a call. We have 2 x 250's in one of customer sites and one of them was louder than the other. We upgraded to the latest firmware and still it didn't resolve the issue. Therefore, we arranged an RMA which resolved the problem.

CWB
Conversationalist

You didn't specify which model you have, but there is an open hardware recall on MS225/MS210-48LP/FPs. 

From the notice ..

".. We have also created an interim software mitigation. This mitigation can significantly reduce the likelihood of device failure for devices that have not had a high-temperature alert by increasing the operating speed of the fan. This mitigation requires both a firmware upgrade to MS 10.34 or higher, and then opening a support ticket. The tradeoff is that this solution will increase the perceived fan noise by approximately 40%."

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Support/MS225%2F%2FMS210-48LP%2F%2FFP_Proac...

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Yes, I have to replace 23 MS225-48LP switches in Europe 😞

And I had to replace them last year, and now again 😞

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels