MX100 and a Cisco e3945 router

Awallace
Comes here often

MX100 and a Cisco e3945 router

I'm working on a Configuration  that would place a MX100 into my network. Presently we have a Cisco 3945 that connects to the internet, (we own our own Public IP's 12 in all) and we run BGP on internet and IGRP on WAN.  Our 3945 also runs CME and CUE for about 100 phones and ORG. Mail boxes. we have a WAN that has 8 branches  each branch is connected  to a ISR 4331 router, that runs  CME for a small amount of phones at each branch. We also have a local LAN  that is Vlan'ed into many parts,  Staff work stations, servers, phones, etc. Where I'm having a hard time is visualizing the best placement of the MX100. whether that is replacing it as a border router or just placing in on the internal network.  local LANs are on Gig 0/0, Branch WAN is on Gig 0/1, internet Gig 0/3 and a separate network for public use is on gig 0/2.  The primary use for the MX100 is in the concentrator for MR  and for Filtering, along with VPN functions  and AD integration, We presently have  20 or so MR are throughout 9 networks.

Thanks. <al>

2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
Awallace
Comes here often

Interesting article. Now to improvise, adapt and overcome.

<al>

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels