Can a MX100 manage multiple VPN tunnels

MMoss
Building a reputation

Can a MX100 manage multiple VPN tunnels

I have 20 remote locations and need to set up a separate VPN for the printers and other misc equipment at them. Can a MX have multiple Meraki VPN's on them or is this a case of needing a 2nd MX? I know I can setup multiple non-Meraki VPN's, but it's not looking like I can configure a 2nd Meraki VPN to these devices

3 REPLIES 3
Jwiley78
Building a reputation

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying but with Hub and Spoke you should be able to connect them all back to a central location.  

MMoss
Building a reputation

Nevermind I just solved it using a different idea. Pretty much I was asked if I could run two Tunnels using the same endpoints. Given our operation and simple network design it didn't make much sense to me need wise, but was curious if it was possible none the less. Best I can tell you need a second hub and then you can split the traffic from the remote site to whichever hub you wish to use. I'm about to call it a day so I've not actually tried it yet, and I may not since I'm likely not going to need to do it.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

You can only have one AutoVPN setup going at a time.

However, I'm not seeing why you couldn't do a hub (your MX100) and spokes (your branch offices), assuming that they're all on Meraki firewalls. What concern do you have?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels