Cannot Remove MDM Profile on Backup Employee Account

MilanVuletic
Here to help

Cannot Remove MDM Profile on Backup Employee Account

Hello,

a employee's management profile is unable to be removed. I have tried to remove device from mdm network. reformate device, but to save users info i have to reinstalled the backed up file which has the unremovable profile. 

I was able to get the device back on meraki by doing a clean install no backup but again when installing backup it went back to no connection and says profile missing. when sending reinstall profile command it will not go thru. 

i believe the profile on this phone has been removed by another admin in meraki and that is why it cannot be found. this device is in our DEP program and even when removing assigned profile and adding a new one in with removable as an option i cannot remove it. 

you cannot install another profile when one is already on the device. i believe i have covered all the bases 

please help lol 

2 REPLIES 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm confused does doing a factory reset not fix the issue? If you restore a device from a backup that may include any previous profiles. 

Erase and start again might be your only option. 

yes it does remove the old profile and it checks in with meraki but we need to save this persons information so im guessing a complete wipe is the only option....

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels