cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher throughput router hardware

Highlighted
Here to help

Higher throughput router hardware

1gb WAN is not that uncommon anymore, at least not here in Norway.

Security gateway GX20 has a firewall througput performance of just 250mbps, according to specifications. That makes it an absolute no go at our office where we have 500mbps fiber, or even at home in my apartment where I have 1000mbps.

Please make hardware capable of utilizing at least gigabit WAN to LAN.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Conversationalist

Re: Higher throughput router hardware

Current hardware is likely based on Meraki SMB/Enterprise Z1 Teleworker appliance. I'd suspect within the next few years they will, but as of now, there is no real need since they're still getting their feet wet for SoHo / Entry level SMB.

For you're office, you're better off getting actual Meraki Hardware, such an MX67

Highlighted
Here to help

I agree. There needs to be the option. We now have residential ISPs offering 1GB internet connections, and this is now becoming for the norm for home users (FTTP). I’d hope that I could keep within the Meraki Go Ecosystem, without the need to go elsewhere for the Security Gateway due to the limitations.

Best

Harry.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

I just sold to client and then they upgraded to 600mb. Now I look like i made an error. Many isps are offering very reasonable speed upgrades to SMALL BUSINESS which is the market of meraki go.  Has to be done if this product will succeed. If a hardware upgrade is required there needs to be a upgrade price.