VLAN Tagging on APs!

khurram
Here to help

VLAN Tagging on APs!

Hello,

I have setup a wireless network which have 40 APs. Some APs are VLAN Tagged and some APs are in VLAN 1. Now the problem I am facing is that I can reach to my network and browse the internet from Tagged APs but unable to reach to my network and to internet from VLAN1 APs. Kindly help me to fix this issue.

Thank you

Khurram Shahzad

8 REPLIES 8
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you tag your ssid with vlan 1? and what is your native vlan on the switch port?

khurram
Here to help

There is a field which says All other APs in VLAN1 in Meraki dashboard and VLAN 1 is the native VLAN on the switch.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

does it work when you set " dont use vlan tagging". then you would send untagged traffic to the switch port so it wil use vlan 1

khurram
Here to help

yes it works when I set don't use vlan tagging.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

so you cant send vlan 1 tagged traffic to a untagged vlan 1 port.

maybe if you add vlan 1 to allowed vlans on trunk(gues not) or you have to use another vlan or you can use "dont use vlan tag"

khurram
Here to help

Yes I have allowed vlan 1 on trunk port.

kami
Here to help

Hi Khurram,

I can write about it lots. But I see that after reading this document. Your should be able to clear all the question regarding this topic. Please read this and give your feedback if it is helpful for you.:-

FYI:- https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/VLAN_Tagging_on_MR_Access_Points

Regards,

Kam

nuo
Getting noticed

That is a good document.

Maybe ensure the VLAN is working if you set a port on the switch to an access port and you attach another device (eg Laptop). Just to make sure that the VLAN is working?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels