Do not have Email Address of Meraki M33 Access Point

Aamir-Soorty
Conversationalist

Do not have Email Address of Meraki M33 Access Point

Hi,

We have just took over one running Restaurant in Dubai. We have one Meraki AP M33, which was already running into this restaurant when we took over. When I tried to register this AP with its serial # to Meraki site under my company email address, it is showing that it is already registered, but I do not know under which email address it was registered. Now I want to register this AP under my organization email. How can I do it?

Thanks

Aamir 

8 REPLIES 8
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ask the previous owner to unclaim it

Aamir-Soorty
Conversationalist

No idea who was the previous one, because there was no handover.

@Aamir-Soorty : did anyone who you know working for that restaurant earlier and had access to Meraki portal, if yes he should unclaim the device and then you can claim it under your org. 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Nobody. It is completely a new management with all new employees. Any other option?

At this point it sounds like you’ll be purchasing a new MR and license.  Without that email address or proof of purchase Meraki support can’t assist you.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Ok, noted. It means I should forget that AP.

Unfortunately so. A waste I know but without proof of purchase or email of previous owner then this all stacks against you

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

I've had a similar situation, perfectly working MR33 and the licence has just run out (after purchasing the bar/restaurant 2 years ago). 

No one has a clue who previously had access etc and no direct proof of purchase.... so it's a new MR36. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels