Ms 120-24p

Felix_Mugambi
Here to help

Ms 120-24p

Hello team.

Have connected my meraki switch ms 120-24p via a trunk link to my WS-C2960X-48TS-L swutch. The meraki still says unreachable.

Find configs f the trunk ports.

Felix_Mugambi_0-1591679970863.png

have done same on meraki trunk port,ie the native vlan and allowed vlans as well.

kindly asssit.

10 REPLIES 10
Felix_Mugambi
Here to help

Felix_Mugambi_0-1591680100000.png

Kamome
Building a reputation

If you've connected brand new MS120, configuring via Dashboard won't help.

MS switch's default native VLAN is 1, and it can cause native VLAN mismatch when you connect MS switch into trunk port doesn't use native VLAN 1, thus cannot reach Meraki cloud.

First, you can change Gi1/0/8's native VLAN to 1 and check whether it can reach Dashboard or not.

If it can and have to use native VLAN 10, try to access MS local status page via Management port and change native VLAN to 10.

Plus, if you're not using DHCP, you need to configure switch's uplink IP, too.

What happens if both the other switch and ms trunk ports have vlan 10 as native vlans?

Kamome
Building a reputation

In that case, C2960 and MS120's native VLAN are matched, thus packet can flow between C2960 and MS120.

What about ms reaching the meraki cloud,it has to be on native vlan 1?

have done this but still ms shows unreachable.

Felix_Mugambi_1-1591681356642.png

Kamome
Building a reputation

Did you configured MS's uplink IP? Is IP belongs to VLAN 10?

when i give it static ip on dashboard doent pick,do i have to so on local management?

Kamome
Building a reputation

Yes. Since your device haven't reached Meraki Dashboard at all, configuring via Dashboard cannot affect to device.

Okay,thanks will do this.

Appreciate alot.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels