Moving from 2960 to MS250

cellarcaskza
Comes here often

Moving from 2960 to MS250

Good day,

Hope you are all well!

I am facing a strange issue.

We are migrating off a 2960 to an MS250-48

We initially migrated an SG350 and faced no issues moving from the SG350 to the MS250 with replicated vlans, all clients had shown up on ports and all looks good.

We then attempted to migrate over the clients on the 2960 and once we migrate from a port on the 2960 to the MS250, we only see about 5-10 clients up, when there are around 200 odd active on the other end.

We have attempted restarting both ends and clearing arp cache. We also attempted this with different ports on the 2960 and we always only see a couple of clients on the ports, where as the ports migrated from the SG350 all show 200+ clients.

Does anyone perhaps have any ideas or can push me in the right direction?

5 REPLIES 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@cellarcaskza 

Can you show what are you trying to explain?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does your 2960 have spanning tree enabled and if so is it set to MST, as opposed to PVST? 

cellarcaskza
Comes here often

Good day, thanks for the response. I checked and it is enabled with PVST

Ones that had worked, do have the same configuration though

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@cellarcaskza you can be lucky, but change it to MST and your interconnectivity will be better. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels