Firewall Throughput

LudwigD
Getting noticed

Firewall Throughput

What I would like in the (near) future would be an "upgraded" version of the MX65 with a Firewall Throughput of 500 Mbps at least. This would be more comfortable for SOHO use, in which the MX84 is sometimes too much (money).

Just a wish of me...

Thanks,

LD

5 REPLIES 5
AStoddard
Getting noticed

We ended up putting 84s in all of our offices, even when it is a bit of overkill (9 users in one, 12 in another) partly for the throughput. We could justify the cost since we were moving away from MPLS and cutting out $1000s a month in ISP costs.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Agreed, we've chatted about this in a few different threads.  I'd like to think this type of thing is on Meraki's radar for future hardware releases.  Otherwise, less costly, high bandwidth devices end up making more sense for smaller branches. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

+1. Me too.
Tony_Ang
Getting noticed

I'm making my wish every day in my dashboard, not sure if it's useful.

Maybe I need everyone's help here to make a wish in the dashboard, lol 😄

ProTech
Conversationalist

+1 here too.  Would love to see some higher throughput on the MX64/65 devices.

Gigabit speeds are now available in my area and growing fast.  There is a huge hole in the UTM/Next-gen firewall market with devices that can hit these types of speeds (with all the security features enabled).  These businesses are not going to pay $10k-$15k for a firewall to take advantage of their 1Gb speed. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels