Saved Logins and ID

TheBarge
Here to help

Saved Logins and ID

Hello Guru', I need help on this case recently a device has two profiles installed. I want anything specific to the other profile removed. And I just don’t want anything to be reset on the iPad as far as logins though. Is there any way I can store the saved logins and ID?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Are you using shared iPads so that the users login with a specific ID or some other set up?

According to Apple's documentation there could be an option for deleting a user but I don't know if Meraki has implemented it as I've not played around with Shared iPads.

https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/mdm-command-list-dep789n2k1qp/1/web/1.0

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@vassallon No, it wasn't a shared Ipad 

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Okay so you are pushing two profiles to an iPad and you want one of them to not be applied, you don't need to reset the iPad to drop the profile you don't want.

Just add a tag to the iPad and then change how the profile is scoped to exclude the tag you added to the iPad and Meraki will remove the profile.

For example, this is my settings at one of the schools I manage and I push out different profiles based on Staff, Student, Grad year or even ASM class information.

vassallon_0-1649189547532.png

@vassallon Thank you, what if these 2 profiles have something in common like App (outlook) will it remove the stored account or login?

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

My best guess would be maybe.

Without knowing exactly the scenario, I can't say 100% how it would behave. If the information is pushed out through Meraki then yes it likely may be deleted, if it is set up on the device by hand it's not as likely. 

I would suggest testing it yourself on a test device just to see how it performs in your environment. 

Thank you. I appreciate this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels