Firewall logs and rules on GX-20

Solved
Raz
Here to help

Firewall logs and rules on GX-20

I bought the GX-20/GR-10 because I wanted to have different devices for routing and for WIFI, but I was also very enthusiastic about the firewall feature. Unfortunately there is no setting inside the app regarding FW - I want to be able to see the logs (and even export them for parsing) and to interact with the rules. 

1 Accepted Solution
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Raz 

This is an ever evolving area of the GX and the Meraki Go app.

We don't log firewall rule hits on the GX. However, we are working to add the support for changing and updating firewall rules. The UI has to be carefully considered.

As of today, a wired network on a GX20 can be configured to be secured, where inter-VLAN traffic for this VLAN is denied via L3 firewall rules that are generated.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Raz 

This is an ever evolving area of the GX and the Meraki Go app.

We don't log firewall rule hits on the GX. However, we are working to add the support for changing and updating firewall rules. The UI has to be carefully considered.

As of today, a wired network on a GX20 can be configured to be secured, where inter-VLAN traffic for this VLAN is denied via L3 firewall rules that are generated.

Hello @hidden0 

Thanks for the reply!

However, we are working to add the support for changing and updating firewall rules. 

Good to know! Can't wait for this to happen.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.