Network Upgrade Guidance for Small K-12 School

johnyoo
Here to help

Network Upgrade Guidance for Small K-12 School

Hello Community,

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

We are looking for some guidance in the upgrade schedule of our network infrastructure.

We would like to replace the equipment over the course of a few years since we are unable to afford to replace the equipment all at once. 

Our current setup consists of:  

• Security Appliance: MX84
  • Switches: MS220-24P, MS320-24
  • Access Points: M18, M32, M33

In which order would be best to replace the equipment?

2 Replies 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@johnyoo do you have any particular issues, changes coming, or a planned bandwidth upgrade?  If not I'd go with:

1) MR18 - replace with MR44

2) MR32 - as above

3) MR33 - as above

4) MS220-24P - replace with MS225-24LP

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @johnyoo , what’s the reason for the upgrade? Increase in end user devices?  

Following the pandemic the majority of the schools we’re working have seen an increased load on their wireless infrastructure. Here in the UK this is because the government handed out devices for pupils to work on at home.

if this is your case then I would focus on your wireless infrastructure but this will have an effect on everything downstream as well!

I’m sure you’re aware of the hefty discounts Meraki provide its Edu customers? This includes their 5 for 10 years on licenses.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.