Universal Maps

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Universal Maps

Wahoo!  Meraki have released a new feature called "Universal Maps", and you can now put all Meraki kit onto a floor plan.

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2018/11/universal-maps/

Some instructions on using it:

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Using_a_Floor_Plan...

This will be great for working on remote sites when something needs to be done, and being able to give someone visual guidance on where the kit is.

8 Replies 8
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Very cool.  Just don't forget to keep a backup of your floor plans in case they get lost again.. 😉

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Finally! Now the many hours of uploading plans and placing devices begins. What would be nice is if you could click on an object on a floor plan and then upload a picture of that device in position i.e. in a rack or other mounting location. 

>What would be nice is if you could click on an object on a floor plan and then upload a picture of that device in position i.e. in a rack or other mounting location. 

You know you can do this already?  Go to the "Location" tab of any device, and then click on the "Photo" link.

Screenshot from 2018-11-07 11-57-30.png

You can also use this feature from the Meraki Smart Phone app - which makes it super easy, since you can take a photo from directly in the app.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Nice find @PhilipDAth

giphy.gif

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Anyone else seeing this?  Seems buggy  =(

222.JPG

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

The whole option is missing from my shard at the moment. I'll try again tomorrow.

yes, the view is a bit buggy.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.