cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CONTEST CLOSED] Wi-Fi 6: tell us your hopes and dreams!

MeredithW
Community Manager

MerakiCommunity-Wi-Fi6Contest-01.png

UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your submissions! Our two randomly selected winners are: @Franzman and @nbentsendk. Congratulations!

With the arrival of the next generation of Wi-Fi comes a whole host of new possibilities for your network. You can check @davidvan’s recent blog post for just a few examples!

So, whether it’s the ability to significantly increase the density of clients per network or having the confidence to invite all of those clients to stream Netflix with abandon, we want to know — what are you most excited/hopeful for with the launch of Wi-Fi 6?

How to enter

Tell us your Wi-Fi 6 hopes and dreams in a comment on this blog post before 12:00pm PST on Monday (June 3).

How to win

We'll select two entries at random to win a Cisco Meraki Glass Water Bottle.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190523165545821_COVER.jpeg

The Fine Print

• Limit one entry per community member
  • Submission period: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 11:00am PST through Monday, June 3, 2019 at 11:00am PST
  • Complete rules and eligibility can be found here.
125 Comments
Mary
Conversationalist
Hopefully it will work fast and stable and I won't hear that clients have problems while videoconferencing!
dbenner
Here to help
New technologies, greater density + throughput --> greater service! That's what it's about it at the end of the day. Enabling users to do what they need to do and what they want to do without restrictions imposed by the technology.
John_R_Gudmann
Here to help
smooth connection of any client especially IOT or BYOD in a secure isolated way without a lot of overhead hassle with certificated roll-out etc.
giovygam
Comes here often
...in SMB context, i hope to reduce repeaters and AP, more performance and stability for all devices, less helpdesk and support… enable IoT benefits
NDiesel
Comes here often

I am looking forward to greater integration with IoT devices in the world of VR whether it be in Home (Gaming & Media) or the business applications, Wi-Fi 6 with better efficiency for wireless channels and speed for high bandwidth applications for rich media content. very exciting times, especially with VR going wireless and 4K.

OliverKiss
New here

I hope for a better Voice over Wireless Experience (Collaboration).

And I hope that Wifi 6 will save its place in world where 5G exists... because I want to keep my job Smiley Wink 

JuanmaCastilla
Conversationalist

Looking forward to test it out and see its performance in VoIP and cloud based applications like virtual desktops and SaaS 

arifbhuiyan
Comes here often

Bandwidth , Security and Stability

SamYoungs
Just browsing

Super fast connections for our users! Robot Very Happy

YorkshireCaddy
New here

Moore's law please, twice as big, twice as fast; but with the stability we've come to rely on!

nbentsendk
Conversationalist

Working in the hospitality field

I'm looking forward to the better integration with IOT and better CCI 

LiamH
Comes here often

Anyone else get that horrible feeling like when you've just spent a fortune on Home Theatre only to find out 8K Atmos DTX is what you should have waited for.... you fool.

João
Comes here often

I would like to be able to share the Wi-fi password from my phone (already connected to a network) to my friend's phone (for example) with just one click

Pugmiester
Building a reputation

I'm looking forward to a network that does a lot more to manage the client load and connections between the access points to better manage hotspots around the building.

chrishilton
Here to help

Can't wait to see the performance improvements, especially the use of 2.4G again, (as it works better through walls!) and the impact this will have in education.

hardware
Comes here often

More clients per access point.

nmemmert
Here to help

I am looking forward to the better coverage that WiFi 6 brings and also the congestion issues that WiFi 6 helps solve.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Want to see the (OFDMA) function and (MU-MIMO) technology, eight users at the same time and at the same speed. Robot Mad OH YEAH!

JGSmithJr
Comes here often

Wi-Fi 6

Hopes & Dreams?

Desires?

Hopefully all that is promised and.....

........an option to brew a good cup of coffee.

Please!  

Ali_Altay
Just browsing

I think, we should have look at 802.11ac Wave 2, at fist. What was the purpose of ac Wave 2? Better connection, better performance. However, it did not work that way, had some restrictions such as for MIMO-Multi User. Therefore, hopefully 802.11ax aka Wifi 6 will reach the goal and cover all the commitments, truely.

Second thing is, endpoints. Infrastructure will not be "the one" of this dream. You may replace your access points with Wifi 6 series, may replace your switches and network infrastructure to perform Wifi 6, but it is nothing if endpoints cannot complete your capacity. Which mobile device brands did even invest in 802.11ac Wave 2? Nothing, but Hauwei.

Wifi 6 makes a promise that will be the solution for almost 90% issues of wireless. If everything goes the way that it should be, Wifi 6 will be new era of the Wireless World.

I wish that will happen and we will make the world wireless!