cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CONTEST CLOSED] Wi-Fi 6: tell us your hopes and dreams!

MeredithW
Community Manager

MerakiCommunity-Wi-Fi6Contest-01.png

UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your submissions! Our two randomly selected winners are: @Franzman and @nbentsendk. Congratulations!

With the arrival of the next generation of Wi-Fi comes a whole host of new possibilities for your network. You can check @davidvan’s recent blog post for just a few examples!

So, whether it’s the ability to significantly increase the density of clients per network or having the confidence to invite all of those clients to stream Netflix with abandon, we want to know — what are you most excited/hopeful for with the launch of Wi-Fi 6?

How to enter

Tell us your Wi-Fi 6 hopes and dreams in a comment on this blog post before 12:00pm PST on Monday (June 3).

How to win

We'll select two entries at random to win a Cisco Meraki Glass Water Bottle.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190523165545821_COVER.jpeg

The Fine Print

• Limit one entry per community member
  • Submission period: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 11:00am PST through Monday, June 3, 2019 at 11:00am PST
  • Complete rules and eligibility can be found here.
125 Comments
DDPHEugene
Conversationalist

Advanced technology has pros and cons. Suggest that always consider a technology where users are always on top priority by able to provide friendly users interface. Also, i had a high hopes that this WIFI6 innovation could improve users connectivity, seamless connection, range broadcast and improved security along with added features, license restrictions and coverage.

Note: also add unique hardware design 😊

flightmedic02
Comes here often

Most excited about the conserved battery use with connected devices and improved availability of a connection.  

Field-M
Comes here often

Definitely interested to see the enhanced IoT benefits and how effective BSS coloring will be in practice with a wide range of devices/clients

cbautista
Comes here often
I hope: --Super Throughput (Gigas). --A lot of channels. --Compatibility with all Devices. --Scope in more extensive areas. --Stability with connection.
irishman2020
New here

The speed! All the speed! I might consider dropping my wired network in many cases if I can get even 1G speeds consistently over wifi. With the specs showing 10G, my hopes are high. 

ITdan
Just browsing

I am looking forward to the advantages Wifi 6 will provide for our multi tenant sites.

I am most excited about the higher per capita speeds as more clients choose to move to fully wireless networks.

RyanSmith
New here

I can't wait to see Wifi 6 enable users and technologists across multiple industry verticals to ride the a new wave of IoT and edge computing capabilities.

I am already waxing my surfboard

cisco surfboard.jpg

Jason_Reed
Here to help

My wish for WiFi 6 is to be able to provide the best possible WiFi experience to my customers regardless of the content that they want to consume over the network. I want to be able to tell my customers that the only limiting factor on their WiFi network is their imagination.  

Mahesh_Gaur
Comes here often

Always want to mitigate cable connection from office and with WiFi 6 i feel i will be able to do. i Hope WiFi 6 offer best in class user experience with stability and performance.

AungKyawSan
Just browsing

Density....User capacity....reliability....Performance...etc...all these words are very friendly with us which we always encounter in our daily wireless life.

2:2 MiMo...3:3 MiMo...4:4 MiMo...how beautiful growth......:D

Now....WiFi 6...another beautiful technology....8:8 MiMo....can't wait to use WiFi 6....can't wait to give solution to our value customer with WiFi 6.... 🙂  

Rajanmani
Comes here often
  •  Multi-gigabit Ethernet support
  • Rugged and more stable
  • More visibility & security
  • Encrypted Traffic Analytics (ETA)
  • MU MIMO and OFDMA

Aiman
New here
Higher Capacity, Faster Speed, and More Efficiency
popoy
Just browsing

As one of the top distributor here in PH, it is a good time for us especially Meraki is so hot in here. Wifi6 is a must and a good technology to leverage every company requirements

ZeeshanZafar
Comes here often

The visibility it provides without having to add extra boxes in your network is what makes it above par than others.

-ray-
Here to help

Using Wifi to become the new access. This means higher user density on same AP, less issues with RF and better integration of client hardware. Wireless health to be even more granular for making troubleshooting and identifying client issues an easy go.

Get away from the backwards compatibility, most of the time it is like driving a Panigale on a running trail.

On the Customer side I hope the understanding of fact that if AP is the new Access layer the Switches become the distribution layer and needs more uplink bandwith. Investing in infrastructure cabling for APs and switches to gain more flexibility for the users.

Gianni
Just browsing

I hope that wifi 6 will become synonymous in the world with how to finally "virtualize cables" !!!!!!!

Castor
Comes here often

Greater stability and bigger coverage area for WiFi connections

akq_chris
Just browsing

I am really looking forward to see the performance and latency improvements of MU-MIMO in BOTH directions.

Also the OFDM Feature and Spatial frequency reuse  is reeeeeeaaaly hot!!!

Franzman
Comes here often

More and more mobile phones use voice over wifi. With the introduction of wifi 6 I hope for a better performance and longer battery life

Mohsen
Just browsing

Its exciting to see how bandwidth usage will hike and how service providers/ISP's will cope with the bandwidth demands on new Wi-Fi 6.