SD-WAN Loadsharing between MPLS and internet VPN

elango_56
Comes here often

SD-WAN Loadsharing between MPLS and internet VPN

hi,

i have  branch and HQ connected via MPLS cloud.And now we are moving to SD-WAN .So i am looking for a solution to load sharing the traffic between these sites via MPLS and Internet VPN .I haven't seen any meraki document explains this, instead a solution document for failover from MPLS to auto VPN.Am looking for load sharing between MPLS and Internet.

5 REPLIES 5
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

The Meraki document is a bit hard to find.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Site-to-site_VPN/Configuring_Site-to-site_VPN_over_MPLS

It's an... "Interesting" topology to say the least.

hi,

thx for the reply.I have gone through this document already.This explains to have a VPN tunnel over the MPLS and internet VPN as fallback.Looks like at any point of time only one link is used.

Am looking for load sharing between MPLS and internet VPN for the same subnets.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Meraki won't let you load share between MPLS and VPN. So for what you're asking the first step is to get your links to both be VPN (as described in that doc) and once there you can use the VPN policies in the Flow Preferences section under Security appliance --> Configure --> Traffic Shaping to set up the load balancing you want.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to be using AutoVPN over both MPLS and Internet.

Then all you do is configuring your flow preferences.  You can send some traffic via MPLS VPN and some via Internet VPN.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/MX_Load_Balancing_and_Flow_Prefer...

but that would require that the MX, which acts as a hub, is operating in pass-through VPN concentrator mode and not in NAT mode, right?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels