Reboot on lost cloud connection

bluecat
Here to help

Reboot on lost cloud connection

I have some Z3C devices in remote locations using cellular as the primary uplink. It would be good to apply a rule to force the device to reboot if it desconnects from the mobile network and Meraki cloud, which is more likely than when on a wired network.

It seems Meraki have removed this option in a previous firmware. Is there any other way to achieve this?

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Behavior_during_Conn...

3 Replies 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

It's a catch-22. You need cloud to reboot, but you want to reboot if you lose the cloud. I wonder if support is able to re-enable it for you. Maybe they can tweak the timer as well from 4 hours to like 30 minutes or something so its not down too long.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I tried support but they said it wasn't available and to "make a wish". Don't really understand why they removed the option as seems like a good idea to me.

Well that is lame. They should at least leave it as a toggle for people who ask for it, but as usual, someone with the authority knows better than the customers.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels