MX Firware version 17.3(Beta) issues on Ping ?

hianilz
Getting noticed

MX Firware version 17.3(Beta) issues on Ping ?

HI Everyone,

We are facing weird problem on our MX450's on WAN2 interface at DC.

We had configrued MPLS ranges(Private subnets) on MX450(Primary & Secondary) as /28 subnet.

MPLS provider give us the one Loop back IP address which is there in MPLS mesh and asked us to ping to make sure reachability is there or not, but unfortunately we are not able ping the Loopback and also not able to ping MX450 gateway(which is service provider MPLS router)- which is directly connected.

Good to know is that the trace is working...trace is completing for Loopback and Gateway but Ping is not happening 

and there is no ACL's configured.

We have same setup for our DR site(only difference is here we use MX250's), where we were abel to ping loopback and ofcourse MX250-Gateway which is service provider rouer IP.

Only the differenece is our DC MX450's has BEta version(17.3) and DR  version is 15.44 ?

Did anyone face this kind of ping problem.? please guide me what may be the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would make some packets captures to see if icmp is being send ( and received. ) 

I would also not run this early 17.x bèta on a dc/production env.

hianilz
Getting noticed

i had ran the packet capture.., and i could not see any ICMP for Source and Destination which i had selected.

Source: Internet2 and Desitnation: Service Prodivder IP Address

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If icmp not even being send out the internet2 interface  its better to create a support case

hianilz
Getting noticed

Yes.., I had already raised and Meraki support is suspecting issue on Beta Firmware(17.3)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels