L3 Firewall hidden properties

HGME-JHJ
Comes here often

L3 Firewall hidden properties

When I check the Organization -> Change Log after updating the L3 firewall rules, I noticed that there seems to be saved three properties for each rule which is not available in the Security & SD-WAN -> Firewall page.

These properties are VLAN, logging and enabled.

How can I access and utilize these properties, if possible? It would be nice to be able to temporary enable/disable rules by a checkbox, and also making rules per VLAN.

Here is a screenshot of one rule:

HGME-JHJ_0-1608103604455.png

...and here is the corresponding record in the Change Log:

{"Comment":"EVERYONE allow Teamviewer","Policy":"allow","Protocol":"any","Destination port":"Any","Destination IP":"*.teamviewer.com","Source port":"Any","Source IP":"Any","VLAN":"Any","logging":"false","enabled":"enabled"}

3 Replies 3
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but I am following this because I have noticed the same.  I manage many organizations and from time to time have noticed the options for rule logging and never quite understood why some show it and some don't.

I hadn't looked at this screen for a long time, but my home network is running an MX64 on the beta train and looks like this now:

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 12.01.58 PM.png

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Whoa, that’s a new looking page. Just checked and mines still the ‘old style’. I’m running the MX15 (beta) firmware, but admittedly haven’t updated to 15.40 yet... 

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I'm at 15.38, but I have quite possibly had Meraki support enable some early release stuff on my home network that I use as a lab.  I don't recall anything specific to these settings, but consider this a preview of something to come, I guess.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels