Policies need an Upgrade

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Policies need an Upgrade

Hi All,

I would like to make a feature request regarding policies. Our organization has moved heavily away from using tags and moving over to policies to trigger the installation of configurations and scoping via AD group when necessary. I think policies need a big improvement. A few outlined below:

-Please allow us to check whether the user will be shown if they are compliant/ not compliant with the policy. For example, we have a configuration that looks for freshly enrolled devices with no just app apps (using a wildcard match) and sets the wallpaper to our enrollment wallpaper I have set. As soon as the user installs apps from the App Store or Meraki MDM app the profile is removed (which is correct). So often I have users come to me saying "I am not complaint", when they really are, it is just a false negative.

-Please allow us to create policies to populate these groups with users for scoping. For example, I want all the users that have a specific email domain populated or I want to populate a group with specific name.

This is just a few of my thoughts and I invite you all to throw some more out there. Tags are great, but it makes us IT folks do a lot more work than necessary to scope out profiles, apps, eBooks, etc. Maybe allow policies to shape themselves into more of a smart search. Also, if you have any questions about how we have moved away from tagging and using more of a dynamic way of syncing down profiles, apps, etc. please let me know.

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Diane
Getting noticed

I would like the ability to remove a device from scope in this dashboard as well a be able to select some (or all) of the devices in scope and force an update or refresh of the policy.  

A feature request section would be a great addition to the Community. I know we can make "wishes" on the dashboard but I'd like to see others' ideas too. 

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I agre @Diane, scoping devices to policies would be great. 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Diane -

While we don't have a separate area for feature requests, do feel free to post ideas here in the community and encourage others to give them kudos (each idea as a separate thread, tagged "feature request") - see this post for info about how we handle feature requests that are posted here.

Cheers!

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels