Meraki Home Lab

I don't have a customer project, but I do have quite the extensive home lab. This is my home setup. It consists of:

• MX84 security appliance which connects to the internet.
  • A GS110-48P handling all of the various devices in the network.
  • Raspberry Pi clients rack mounted:
    • Powered via PoE hats
    • Multiple interfaces for management and driving traffic
  • GX20 acts as a lab ISP
  • GS110-8P for testing
  • GX50s for testing
  • UCS at the bottom of the rack.

The UCS is running esxi and is a sort of playground for me and any projects I might have going on. Currently it runs a name server and I handle DNS locally. There is a certificate authority I setup to learn about SSL and key exchange. I also have an extensive amount of smart home devices which all call back to home assistant (which is sitting on top of the MX84). Finally, there is a Plex VM tucked away in there as well.

Because this is a lab and I don't need it to pull power all of the time, I use home assistant to save power. There is an automation connected to a smart switch that turns off the lab outside of working hours.

It is pretty cool to see other people using the same rack mount kits! There are some out there designed for use with the Meraki Go product lines.

Comments
TyShawn
A model citizen

I like it!! Any thoughts on moving to a MX75 for your MX84? Currently I am running a MX67 at the edge, but I am about to move to an FMC/FTD for learning.for my core switch I have a Cisco WS-C3850-12X48U.