Cisco VoIP Handsets Un-Register After Settings Change

jwwork
Getting noticed

Cisco VoIP Handsets Un-Register After Settings Change

I have a stack of 4 MS425's at the core of my network doing all my layer 3 routing.  At the edge I have a mix of mostly traditional Cisco switches with some MS350's starting to get mixed in.  We have a Cisco VoIP system that we host on-prem.  The other day I had to create some additional layer 3 interfaces on the core stack and I noticed that while doing this, all of our VoIP handsets drop their connection to call manger (display goes blank for a couple seconds, phone shows "registering" then comes back to life).  We are running 9.36 on all of the Meraki switches.  Any ideas what is going on here?

3 Replies 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I've definitely noticed that when adding layer 3 interfaces to a stack the other switches have to sync the config. But I haven't noticed the interruption. Is the L3 stuff you are working on in the same subnets as your phone/voice VLANs or completely separate?
Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
jwwork
Getting noticed

These are completely different subnets.  This is happening when I create a new subnets I was working on for an upcoming wireless project.  I didn't modify the subnets that any of our VoIP stuff is in.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The 9.x code does a few funny things.  I would suggest going to 10.26.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels