Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting MPLS Transport Environment to Full WWW Environment

Highlighted
New here

Converting MPLS Transport Environment to Full WWW Environment

We have a branch enviontment as follows:

A. 50 Branches:

Connected with single MPLS transport (256 Kbps) for corporate communication.

DIA with separate ADSL internet connection. (only for public internet, unsecured and exposed)

B. 150 Branches:

Connected with single MPLS transport (256 Kbps) for corporate communication.

No internet.

Is it feasible to convert this environment as follows with MX and Auto VPN/SD-WAN solution?

AX. 50 Branches:

Connected with single internet transport for corporate communication.

DIA with separate internet connection. (only for internet, secured and filtered)

BX. 150 Branches:

Connected with single internet transport for corporate communication.

Strictly internet access fully blocked.

Looking for your suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3
Getting noticed

Re: Converting MPLS Transport Environment to Full WWW Environment

Hi Rifa.

About Meraki SD-WAN is based Multiple WAN links(DIA), if you have not two WAN Links(DIA), only one WAN link(DIA), I think you cannot make SD-WAN,  meraki SD-WAN  and MPLS link have not relation,The SD-WAN only can make two WAN (DIA) links, you cannot chooes MPLS link as you sd-wan, The SD-WAN based two wan (DIA), if you have two wan, you can configure Auto vpn base two wan(DIA)links Line real-time quality configure SD-WAN, you also can make base application and traffic type configure sd-wan,SD-WAN There are some parameters,for instance, link delay,Jitter, packet loss rate,etc... According to the defined parameters, select the appropriate line to send packets.

i hope usefull fo you .

Kind of a big deal

Yes.  If you are keeping the MPLS, you will need to use the AutoVPN over MPLS design.  This document discusses this scenario:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Site-to-site_VPN/Configuring_Site-to-site_VPN_over_MPLS

Otherwise it will just be a simple AutoVPN over Internet setup.  For the sites you don't want to have any Internet access you can choose to make them use a "full tunnel" which sends all traffic back to the "hub" site.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Site-to-site_VPN/Site-to-site_VPN_Settings#Hub_Type

Head in the Cloud

All is feasible and I recommend SD-WAN deployments.  As Phillip has stated, Auto-VPN has to be used over MPLS connections feeding back to a HUB MX for MPLS connected sites.  Auto-VPN with DIA can be achieved for Internet-only sites.

You can then achieve a mixture of HUB/Spoke and Full mesh topology if required.

DIA FTW!

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.