Psion Handheld do not work

Andreas-B
Here to help

Psion Handheld do not work

Hello,
my customer had Motorola Psion Handheld. The RDP Session do not running. All so the ping didn't work.
Install to MR66. We tested ping whith a notebook and this running.

Who can help?

Best regards
Andreas
7 REPLIES 7
ohv_
Conversationalist

Can I get the model number? I had some issues with some POS handhelds connecting to the wifi, need to allow legacy a/b to connect. 

Hi Body,

see my photo.

Best regards

Andreas

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Depending on AP firmware version and the capabilities of the haldheld client, you may need to try out decreasing the minimum bit rate to something less than 12Mbps (try 11Mbps) and/or disable 802.11r on the Wireless > Access Control page for that SSID in case the client doesn't support 802.11r and try that as well.

Can I set 11Mb fixed on MR Access Point
When I trace the ping I have this result:
Start ping on Handheld --> AP (OK) --> Server (OK) --> AP Eth-Port (OK) --> AP Wireless Port (error) --> Handheld (error)
I hope understand.

thx for support Andreas
LeoG
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Well, this looks like more like a connectivity issue. Can you describe the settings you have on Wireless > Access control? If you have a password there is no need to post it here. What I would like to see what settings you use to make a recommendation based on that.

How far away are the end devices from the Wireless APs?

Leo Gomez

Hi Leo,

sorry for the delay answer. The end device is 1 m from AP.

We problem with MR33, MR66, MR74 and we think that is problem with the chip in the AP.

Now we have a dedicate TAC Ingenieur. I hope we can fixed.

Best regards

Andreas  

@Andreas-B

Problems with old tech scanners is widespread, across all sorts of networks.

Put them on their own Wi-Fi network that has the oldest WiFi standards enabled (802.11a and 802.11b) and the original (weak) password security, and turn off anything remotely clever.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels