Meraki Z1 Help needed

MattLeMoo
Conversationalist

Meraki Z1 Help needed

Hi all,

We have some subnets, one of which is our phone network. I would like users to be able to take deskphones home if they have to due to coronavirus. How do I extend this VLAN to the Merkai Z1 unit? I don't have much experience with Meraki so any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

6 Replies 6
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

You can't do L2 extension using Meraki AutoVPN. So either you find something that works over L3, or you'll have to look for a solution that allows L2 extension.

Ok, so how can I extend the L2 connection to the Z1 and select the right subnet? thanks for the response, really appreciate it!

Jwiley78
Building a reputation

Not sure what phone system you have but I know most have a soft-phone option.  That might be a better solution.

You can't. You'll have to switch to a L3 design.

We use Bria Mobile as a VoIP soft phone. Runs on mobile phones, portables and desktops. Negotiates firewalls without requiring special configurations. It is Cisco approved. It can do encryption and video, works like a VoIP phone anywhere in the world, and doesn't require extra hardware.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Jwiley78
Building a reputation

We use 3CX.  With the app on my phone I hardly ever use my desk phone.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels