dark mode for dashboard?

remixedcat
Getting noticed

dark mode for dashboard?

As the topic title indicates.... it would be very nice to have for media environments and events. also we test a lot of media hardware here and often I leave a dashboard page open to look at device status and we often have the lights off or dim for movies and blaring white is a little distracting. 

Amy ETA on this? I tried using Stylus browser extension and making a new style for it but no luck. 

38 REPLIES 38
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

+1 from me on this, dark mode for those that prefer darker backgrounds!

dlowery
Getting noticed

Sorry, everything Meraki must be green and eyeball roasting white, so it is, so it has been and so it will be. The ancient codes dictate that it must be this way, burn the heretic.

Cmiller
Building a reputation

Adding to my wishlist button now

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

Hi @remixedcat,

I used to work very closely to a compliance team who insisted their screens were dimmed to the lowest and everyone always wondered what they were looking at.

So funny watching them scramble their windows closed when I remoted on silently from the windows session server to assist them with an IT ticket. Lesson...If you are trying to pretend like you are working, at least have a document open you can hot-key to 🙂

Thank you,
Peter James

PaintTheNight
Here to help

I know this is kind of an old thread now but I would still like to see this.

Lets keep this old thread awake

WE WANT DARK MODE
WE WANT DARK MODE

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

DAAAARK

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes please!  Would be nice to have the community in dark mode as well. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I thought we (the community) usually were in the dark... 🤔

IT workers look at screens a lot.  White backgrounds put off a lot of unnecessary light. 

wasterdeffort.JPG
I take it the color theme came from some committee that does not use the product.  Maybe a marketing decision to show distinction.....from products that cater to the operator experience. 

Whatever the case, at this point they are putting effort into avoiding this.  It is a very easy win and they are the only product without it.  

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I use a Google Chrome plugin called Night Eye which works quite well with Dashboard.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/night-eye-dark-mode-on-an/alncdjedloppbablonallfbkeiknmkdi...

Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 11.05.32.png

@ConnorL  That's actually pretty nice. Looks great for the beta firewall network object menus.

@ConnorL nice work, thanks. 

I now use dark reader and it works good as well 

But did those that aren't allowed to use those night mode would still be awesome.

bdixon
Conversationalist

Dark mode please.

CavemanDan
Here to help

I'll give the above suggested plugins a try but native dark mode would indeed be preferable. I do find I have trouble differentiating between some of the colors on the dashboard, and the "Alternative color" mode is a good fix for that. But dark mode native would indeed be an added bonus for those of us who are light sensitive. 

RunsWithBees
Here to help

4 years later and it is still not a thing?  The recent update seems to have doubled down on the supernova white color.

Yup. Just switched to the new view too. Its clean, I'll give them that. But still has a lot of the issues I always found frustrating, like the side-bar menu always popping out and getting in the way when my mouse just slightly brushes the edge. I did try the suggested Chrome plug-in and it does work nicely - although ads a little bit of lag when rendering pages as it re-draws and it's not always 100% accurate. 

KM_1
Conversationalist

Yeah, I was excited when I saw the dashboard update in the banner. I thought maybe finally we'll get a dark theme! We lost what little dark we had. Such a disappointment :(.

UARiT
Here to help

There is absolutely a Dark Theme under the Branding Tab on the MSP accounts. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 10.54.00 AM.png

It's not that great for the old Dashboard either, but it's a thing. However... 

It no longer works with the Fisher Price dashboard reboot, which BTW removes a LOT of functionality. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 10.51.18 AM.png

Twitch
Building a reputation

"Fisher Price dashboard reboot."  😂

I just clicked on "Try It Now," and boy, do I regret that. I don't see an option to go back to the old (much, much better) version, either.

That's only avaliable to select MSPs

SmartSelect_20220617-062056_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think I said that but still, I would like a Dark Mode for everyone that works. 

Jason_Crawford
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

We hear you. Dark Mode would be amazing. Keep watching for more announcements as we are adding many more features to the next generation of the dashboard. We think you'll be very excited...

We have been watching and waiting for almost a year now.  Would not take too long for a developer to change a few colors.  It is the only feature I am looking forward to.  

UARiT
Here to help

2018.  It has gotten WORSE since this point... The branding available to MSPs allowed you to run a pathetic "Dark Mode" which merely greyed the menu bars and header.  Fortunately this progress has now been reversed to be NEON GREEN AND BLINDING WHITE which also ruins all the branding that was the point in the first place.  

Its like they actively hate us. 

RunsWithBees
Here to help

Is it a brand recognition move?  I see no tangible excuse not to do this.  I am tired of staring into the sun.to run this product.  It is not a technically difficult improvement to make.  The shortcomings must fall on the incompetency of a headless committee.  I am posting here to assure it is worth the effort to give us a dark mode and quite frankly at this point any product without it is not listening to operators.  We all know how that goes long term...... 

RunsWithBees
Here to help

Gotten all sorts of updates I never asked for and did not want.  The only thing I want is dark mode for the dashboard.  Is it an unreasonable request for enterprise equipment?  

RunsWithBees
Here to help

Please not another UI change or update until we have Dark mode.  Using a browser or OS dark mode is not smooth.  I wouldn't be so hellbent on this if it wasn't so easy to fix.  If Cisco want this product used more they are going about it oddly with the harsh color scheme on the primary interface.  Seems like an incredible oversight.  Surely the people building it had some complaints and headaches along the way?  I am not asking you to change brand colors.  I am asking to have a system that is comfortable to work in.

RunsWithBees
Here to help

Wow so 2018 this was asked.....so much for this community's effectiveness.  I hate companies that treat the user like this.  Stupid branding colors are not worth giving the customer a migraine over.  Who should we really be talking to to fix this?

Agreed this is nuts how they won't just change a few colors and add a button!! I've made 15 albums, got an award nomination, got my music in 3 games,  and upgraded tons of systems and lots more in just 3 years lol. 

Shawn_Kingston
Here to help

DAAAARRRRKKKKKKK MODE PLEASE!! 😁

Krankee
Conversationalist

Give us Dark Mode, my eyes are hurting! 😞

mellingera
Conversationalist

5 1/2 years later...

Dark mode has become such a basic function of most programs - it's 2024. We really need a dark mode option. Please save my eyes.

Cryptopher
New here

If the Meraki Leadership team will not approve a Dark Mode feature, at least tell the community why not. This was requested over 5 years ago. C'mon man...

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey super community people,

I just wanted to acknowledge the messages here. I know it has been an ongoing request for a long time and with the new UI for Dashboard there's a lot of changes in the pipeline. 

I'll make sure to flag this up internally again and continue to champion this request with our product management team.

Thank you for your continued patience, I know very well how important this is for you all!

Giac

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!
RunsWithBees
Here to help

If you ask support for help they tell ya "just post on the forum and it will be fixed"  This is the most petty feature to withhold.  It would not take long at all to develop.  I am sure there are many changes in the pipeline.  The only 1 I am asking for or want is dark mode.  It is not an unreasonable request and it has been a literal eye sore for years.  This just isn't getting it done.  What is the explanation you get running the request up the flag?

FFT
Conversationalist

DARK MODE NEEDED!!!  MY EYES!!!!  😭😵

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.