Upcoming Live webinar with Butler University - any requests?

davidvan
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Upcoming Live webinar with Butler University - any requests?

Hi Community,

On August 13th, at 10am, we will have a live webinar with Butler University. They have a large campus wireless deployment of 1,300+ APs, are using Bluetooth beaconing, APIs. 

Are there any specifics that you would like to hear them talk about?

I will try to incorporate your feedback into the webinar.

16 REPLIES 16
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How have they created their logical Meraki networks in the dashboard?

For example, is their a single network with 1300 APs in?  How did they base their decision on how to create the dashboard networks.

Are you using layer 3 bridging, or layer 3 roaming?

Do they use RADIUS and dynamic group policy assignment?

How are they using bluetooth beacons?  Are they using an app to listen to the beacons and do something - or are they just listening to beacones from devices?

Which API(s) are they using and how is that data being used.

How much discount did they get?

pjc
A model citizen

@PhilipDAth  wrote

For example, is their a single network with 1300 APs in? How did they base their decision on how to create the dashboard networks.

+1 for that

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What factors did they consider when making the selection for Bluetooth beacons instead of Wireless location?

Did they use high density areas if yes what was their design (antennas, txpower, channel plan, rxsop threshold)?

What is their average channel utilisation?

pjc
A model citizen

"

@PhilipDAth  wrote

For example, is their a single network with 1300 APs in? How did they base their decision on how to create the dashboard networks.

+1 for that "

Unfortunately the question wasn't asked at the time, but looking at their dashboard during the webinar, it would apper that all of their 1300+ AP's were in a single logical network. 

Looking at their dashboard, they are using RF profiles where channel assignment is set to auto for all profiles, and using auto power, just setting minimum and maximum levels for power and minimum bitrate values.

So clearly they are, by default, utilising the AutoRF feature to adjust channel and power for all of their ap's.  If it works for them in one logical network of 1300+ ap's geographically spread over a large area, I'm beginning to wonder if the advantages of seperate networks is that great...

cheers

davidvan
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@pjc As you saw during the webinar they did have everything in a single network. I'll try to get you a more detailed response on that topic. Standby...

pjc
A model citizen

@davidvanThanks for the followup.  You recall the thread where I enquired about AutoRF and best practice ( https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/A-different-MR-network-for-every-remote-site-for-AutoRF... ) so it would be interesting to hear whether Butler considered this in their design

Thanks

Paul

Bossnine
Building a reputation

Will we be able to view this webinar now that it is over?

@Bossnine wrote:

Will we be able to view this webinar now that it is over?

My guess is that it'll pop up on the youtube channel soon:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCimwNLMzVRMp7SUPVRNaqew

davidvan
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@Bossnine @BrechtSchamp 

You can view it now via this link:

Butler on-demand webinar

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

How many people are supporting the Meraki environment and if not internal are they outsourcing?

@PhilipDAth pretty much sums up my questions.

Maybe I'd like to add: What's their client base looking like: percentage smartphones/laptops, percentage n, ac, ax, any smart/iot devices?

Bossnine
Building a reputation

I second the question about number of people supporting this and would like to add "how many users does this 1300 APs support?
davidvan
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Thanks everyone for the inputs. I will try to make sure we cover these.

Hope you all can join!

BBDave
Getting noticed

Does they use template or individual networks to manage the AP's?

Do they provide guest wifi? If so are they using an MX appliance to do so?

davidvan
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Great inputs so far community. Feel free to keep them coming.

DillonofAnch17
Getting noticed

Three Questions I have that have not been asked yet.
- How are they managing their environment( Do they Have a NOC)
- What types of alerting have they set up?
- Is there a Siem that they are using to send all Meraki Data to and working from that or does their team hop in and out?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels