MX100 secondary LAN IPs

dbigerstaff
New here

MX100 secondary LAN IPs

Good morning, 

We have an MX100 at the office, all working great. 

I'm wanting to create an office and guest wifi network. Am I able to assign private IPs to the unused ethernet ports on our MX100 and if so how?

I cant see where I can configure these switch ports. Do I need to enable VLANs, assign IPs to the VLAN and then assign VLANs to the switch ports?

If I have to enable VLANs would everything continue to work correctly afterwards or does the LAN configuration have to be redone using VLANs?

Thanks for your help,

DB

1 Reply 1
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@dbigerstaff wrote:

Good morning, 

We have an MX100 at the office, all working great. 

I'm wanting to create an office and guest wifi network. Am I able to assign private IPs to the unused ethernet ports on our MX100 and if so how?

I cant see where I can configure these switch ports. Do I need to enable VLANs, assign IPs to the VLAN and then assign VLANs to the switch ports?

If I have to enable VLANs would everything continue to work correctly afterwards or does the LAN configuration have to be redone using VLANs?

Thanks for your help,

DB

no

yes

no reconfig, maybe a small hick up. 

best to read this:
https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Networks_and_Routing/Configuring_VLANs_on_the_MX_Security_Appl...

you can also put vlans:enabled  in the config without saving to see what your config wil look like.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels