Group Policy

Aamir
Here to help

Group Policy

Hi,

I have MX, MS and MR at a customer site. I would like to block all wired and wireless devices except for some known devices. How i can achieve this via the group policy?

Thanks,

Aamir

4 REPLIES 4
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Hi,

I made a layer 3 firewall policy and denied everything. Then i went to group policy and put a firewall policy as any any. I went to network wide-->clients and choose a client and applied the group policy to one specific client but client still had no internet access. I even re-joined the client to wireless still same. In the troubleshooting it mentions the access column by using + sign but i cant see the access column? 

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

The column they're taking about is called Policy. You should be able to find it when clicking the + on the Network-Wide > Clients page.

It may take a few minutes before everything is working. Try waiting 5 mins and reconnecting the client then.

ok this is how i made it work:

1) Allow MS and MR IP and Deny everything as layer 3 policy on firewall

2) Configure MR to be in bridge mode

3) Create a group policy and in that add a layer 3 firewall policy to allow any any

4) Apply the group on a specific device

5) Wait 5 min and it works.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels