[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Photo Contest: Be featured in the Cisco Meraki Quarterly!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Meraki Quarterly April19.png

UPDATE: We were blown away by the volume of entries this round, and though it was extra hard to choose, we are thrilled to announce the winners featured in today's webinar:

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.03.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.03.58 AM.png

Congrats @Julian@GregScarlett, and @anakrre! Huge thanks to everyone for sharing your photos 🙂  

The Cisco Meraki Quarterly webinar is just around the corner (you can register here), and we’re excited to bring back the photo contest! In this contest, we ask you to submit photos based on a theme. The winning photo will be featured as the cover image for the Meraki Quarterly Webinar held on April 9th.

This round, we are looking to see your unique work from home setups. For those of us who are new to the remote-working life, some last minute cobbling together of office-like environments may have been in order. 

Living in a house with other novice teleworkers, I, for one, have had to line my closet with couch cushions and blast the soothing sounds of the ocean to secure some peace and quiet. It’s less home office and more hibernation cave.😳

IMG_20200331_101010.jpg

From March 31st to April 8th, submit a photo via comment on this post showing us your work from home setup. We’d love to see all manner of work from home environments, but, of course, the more creative the better!

Here is an example of how @CarolineS is taking care of business with her co-workers at home:

IMG_6390.jpeg

How to enter

Submit your photo for consideration by simply posting it as a comment on this blog post by April 8th 12pm PDT. Submissions will be public throughout the contest.

Photo Requirements

Theme: Working from Home

Suggested Dimensions: Landscape orientation preferred. Ideally a 16:9 aspect ratio.

File Size: Max 10Mb

Note: Do not add text to your photo; we will be placing the webinar title on top of your photo submission

Terms & Conditions

• Photos are due by Wednesday, April 8, at 12pm Pacific. 
  • Photos will only be considered if they are posted on this thread. 
  • Feel free to submit multiple entries.
  • Entries will be judged based on the photos artistic quality, creativity, and representation of the "Working from Home" theme.
  • Do not submit photos that include your full face and other personally-identifying information (PII). 
  • See the complete terms, conditions, and eligibility information for further information.
84 Comments
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

IMG_20200325_083945.jpg

I even managed to sneak in the "Security made simple" message.

This photo has the "Security made simple" message on the big monitor, the Umbrella dashboard on the small monitor, and AnyConnect waiting to be used.

IMG_20200401_075210.jpg

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

20200331_143252.jpg

In my home cave!!!! 👽🤖👕

cwf
Getting noticed

ContestEntry.JPG

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@cwf 😂I'm sensing a hint in this photo

Alex67
Here to help

At home, in my living room with my children's school stuff….

It is modern home office !!!!  😉

IMG_0270.JPG

Julian
Getting noticed

here from Spain Working at home for the last 15 days and we think for at least 1 month more.. 

escritorio.jpeg

AngusB
Comes here often

Here in Sydney working at home. Meraki's take care of keeping me online and keeping my feet warm too.

Meraki.jpg

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

IMG_1123.jpg

My sanctuary from the  3 children, 2 cats, 2 puppies and wife :-). Can you spot the Meraki swag?  Also a little note on my wallboard from my Daughter x

IMG_8306.jpg

And this is what 3 weeks of working from home has done to me!  This then turned into the Pen Pineapple dance....

Jwiley78
Building a reputation

Jwiley78_0-1585743505990.jpeg

Jwiley78_1-1585743518405.jpeg

Current office space and data room.

MagnusK
Here to help

I got a small space for my officeI got a small space for my office

I got a small space for my office 🙂

CarolineS
Community Manager

@MagnusK nice puzzle! I'm currently working on one too... 

Have pretty much completed the easy parts...Have pretty much completed the easy parts...

Trisha
Here to help

D87E4021-BD4A-423B-A009-8C738ECE67C8.jpeg

Andrewbluepiano
Getting noticed

Does schooling from home qualify?

IMG_4668.jpg

Supertec
Comes here often

99A1E85D-528E-46A7-8D3F-067122751D00.jpeg

Gabriele
Here to help

Me and my wife... A big, big, big world in a very little kitchen! IMG_20200316_125051.jpgIMG_20200318_175931.jpg😉 Peace from North-West Italy! 🤗

jpauley1980
Conversationalist

They had us bring home everything from our cubes to setup home workstations, I spent 3.5 hours cleaning my home office to make room.  It also finally got me motivated to get my Meraki CMNA lab out of the box and get it setup for demos and lab testing since I have a little down time right now.

BeforeBefore20200317_225747.jpg20200318_001759.jpg20200318_003931.jpgAfterAfter2 weeks later2 weeks laterAll powered by my Meraki CMNA LabAll powered by my Meraki CMNA Lab

NHBrit
Conversationalist

Meraki remote.jpg

ncowger
Here to help

The many faces of the con call...Concalls.JPG

Carmelo
Conversationalist

Is not so bad smart officeIMG_20200401_193214.jpeg

GeorgeA
Comes here often

I think my roommate and I are getting too comfortable working from home... and we might have too much Meraki for our own good 😄

In case I fall asleep in this next meetingIn case I fall asleep in this next meetingHygene is so important during these trying timesHygene is so important during these trying times

msanclimenti
Comes here often

Tough to WorkGet off my laptop pleaseGet off my laptop please

LegoGeek
Getting noticed

They got me in the basement but that's were the Lego's are 🙂

20200401_124302.jpg

Cali
Comes here often

Breadmaking day at my home office... Another day at the home office…Another day at the home office…Taken a break to make breadTaken a break to make breadHomemade sourdoughHomemade sourdoughDelicious!Delicious!

BlueLakeNetwork
Conversationalist

Meraki Powered. Plus a Massage Chair.  Nothing Better.Meraki Powered. Plus a Massage Chair. Nothing Better.

sebastianfranco
Here to help

Protegido y con Meraki !

IMG_4932.jpg

Abarreto
Conversationalist

Pituto and I working at home.Pituto and I working at home.

Pituto and I working at home.

PKhoudiakov
Just browsing

at home I have very strong support on my side ;)at home I have very strong support on my side 😉

rthiaga
Here to help

rthiaga_0-1585768352008.png

Hey I am sandboxed at home.

KhoaPham
Here to help

KhoaPham_0-1585769547275.png

Da Lat - VietNam

BillJ
Conversationalist

Clean desk...rightClean desk...rightStill configuring AP's for deployment when able to get back on campus...IMG_5813.jpg

ArteckMX
Here to help

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-01 at 2.43.58 PM.jpeg

Working at Home... Every Time!!

TimothyS
Here to help

Me during the "CV-19" isolation period. Look... I even have my isolation haircut! LOLIMG_6503.JPG

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Be sure to submit your questions for the webinar here!

ArteckMX
Here to help

@msancliment my cats always do things like that 🤣🤣🤣

RSTOCK
Conversationalist

IMG_3250.JPG

bmcginn
Conversationalist

IMG_E5520.JPGBusiness shirt + boardshorts = great professional meeting.

JesperMortensen
Here to help

Still making sure our customers have stable and fast wifi 🙂

IMG_0818.jpg

Solution_arch
Comes here often

This is my view in the homeoffice. 

DSC00541-01.jpeg

Kivi
Comes here often

Working on some Meraki MX performance monitoring script.

wfh.jpg

Faizel187
Conversationalist

Faizel187_0-1585812681053.png

BigRay
Conversationalist

Home OfficeHome Office

Still enabling new customers onto the Meraki platform, will work from anywhere all we need is connectivity.

Thygesen
Building a reputation

Find the error ??

The Meraki Mug (tm) is missing !!! (hint hint) ..

HomeOffice.jpg

RTP-Ken
Conversationalist

Merkai WFH.jpg

Oh No!

My network as gone to the dogs!

Who you gonna call when a site goes red?

ASheppard970
Here to help

My wife was already working from home when this all came down, and it just wasn't cutting it for the two of us to be in the same office together.  She would get a client call and need to leave the room (for privacy sake) or I would get on a conference call and she would need to leave the room (seeing a pattern here?).  So I moved into an alcove in our basement (where I had a desk already setup for another business), found an old 32" flat screen TV with an HDMI input, scrounged an old keyboard and mouse (*and something else...see pics!) and I was off to the races.  Added a BT headset for conference calls and an old HD USB camera for video (see, being a packrat DOES come in handy sometimes!! ;-).

My wife is wonderful in that she brings me breakfast and lunch down here, so I'm not forlorn.  I do have a spacious "rec room" at my disposal, so I could workout...but just haven't gotten there yet.  My fat arse does remind every so often to get up and stretch, which I do, and the "meeting room" (read "loo") is just steps away so I'm pretty well set.

Take care, everyone, and stay safe.  We will get through this!!

20200402_065744.jpg

My Lovely posted a couple of pictures to make it feel more "homey".

20200401_153905.jpg

*Docking Station? We don't need no stinking Docking Station!

Exigere
Here to help

20200303_194907.jpg

tantony
Head in the Cloud

Here's my simple home office.  Working on Meraki MX68, then on the right side working on 3D and Python.  The red light is the Raspberry Pi.

IMG_2057.jpg

Glenn1
Conversationalist

office.jpg

DouglasOpp
Comes here often

My wife was ahead of me getting assigned to work from home so I got the backup office at the back of the family room!

Homeworkspace.jpg

Elizabeth
Comes here often

UtilityNet Working from Home!UtilityNet Working from Home!

Working from home! 100% UtilityNet (Meraki)

Rita
Meraki Employee

Shinny Happy People smiling during the Channel Ops Global Meeting - covering North & South America, UK, Japan, China & Australia! 

rita.png

MOD NOTE: Edited photo to obscure names

MerakiMatt2013
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

20200322_135824.jpg

My wife and Son's station... 

Also, my son having a very important meeting with Todd (upside down, for some reason)

20200323_180702.jpg

SDSmithers
Meraki Employee

Steve pic in virtual office.jpg

Set up my virtual background:) Don't mind my work from home attire - just keeping it real!

HelenF
Meraki Employee

IMG_6424.JPG

 This is me feeling pleased with myself for getting dressed in 'outdoor' clothes and getting productive in this new WFH routine.

ScottChauncey
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

IMG_3885.jpeg

SAdLJr
Conversationalist

This is my work(home)placehomeworking.jpg

samfromcisco
Comes here often

Life's Good!Life's Good!

RonG
Here to help

20200402_130939.jpg

CarolineS
Community Manager

We love all of these submissions!! BUT — if you've submitted, you may be getting a little tired of getting an email notification about each additional post (as fun as they are 😀). You can feel free to "Unsubscribe" using the three-dot menu in the upper right of the main post (link). Screenshot below to clarify what I mean.

unsubscrivbe.png

TiagoSouza
Meraki Employee

P_20200402_163916_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Home-office done right! 

GregScarlett
New here

Coco loves her MX65W! This is her favourite spot in the house and now that we're working from home, she loves it even more.

IMG_5923.jpegIMG_5927.jpeg

IMG_5925 2.jpeg

BTee
Here to help

MR74 in the backgroundMR74 in the background

Anson1937
Meraki Employee

I am having e-learning class with my kindergarten schoolmates 😛

IMG_0446.jpg

The_Machine
Here to help

Living the Home Office Dream - well connected with Cisco and Meraki kit, all this with a view!Living the Home Office Dream - well connected with Cisco and Meraki kit, all this with a view!

Roger_Beurskens
Building a reputation

I'm lucky my home-office is well equipped and spacious in our basement.

At this point i'm not complaining just missing the interaction with my colleagues.

MS teams isn't really like a normal meeting.....

the plus points.....

- Faster pc (instead of a laptop)

- Bigger screens 2x27" in stead of 2x24"

- 250Mbit internet connection (capped by MX64 😞 ) just for a few people compared to 100Mbit for 50 people.

- listening to music without headphones

- perfect WiFi 😄 

IMG_20200403_135500.jpg

IMG_20200403_140705.jpg

Renata
Comes here often

snow.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

NathanG
Meraki Employee

F566D4B3-07C5-4380-909D-CD2091F2DB8F.jpeg

Reposting this from my LinkedIn

As a remote employee at Cisco, I've been #workingfromhome for the last 3.5 years. Being a geek, my tech setup is something I've tweaked through numerous iterations.

A few things I wouldn't want to do without:
1. My #cisco #webex DX80 TP unit. Makes meetings and sharing content so much more immersive, and doubles as a second screen when I need it.
2. An ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratio primary monitor. The realestate of two screens, without losing anything down the middle.
3. Ergotron medical trolly to dock my laptop and carry my monitor. Allows me to sit and stand, and lets me to roll my setup to a different part of the house when I want to switch things up.
4. #meraki MX68 handling dual carrier internet services, SD-WAN, prioritisation and shaping, VPN, security, content filtering and the rest.
5. Reliable power via APC UPS, Fronius solar inverter (with API access integrated with Meraki API) and a generator with a week worth of fuel.

nikbhard
Comes here often

IMG_4070.jpeg

MattWhite
Meraki Employee

WFH is nothing new for me, been doing it for ~15 years now.

Welcome to the Home Office/Panic Room/Undisclosed Location behind a secret bookshelf I can open with Siri!  Soundproof inside... and out.  Which is nice, because all the gear is in the next room over.

IMG_0483.jpegIMG_0490.jpegShelf.png

IMG_0495.jpeg

Korey
Meraki Employee

Lots of Meraki Swag and Gear in this photo! WFH to the max!KR-WFH.jpg

SkiDoggyDogg
Meraki Employee

IMG_7388.jpg

RobH
Comes here often

IMG_20200406_114051.jpg

1-5 screens, take your pick.

cwf
Getting noticed

Remote.jpg

Kilian
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

IMG_1697.jpg

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Weeeeeelll here is my entry.

With my three favorite colleagues, and the two dashboards that matter these days, the Meraki dashboard, and the COVID-19 one.

Cheerz!

P1010656.jpg

WWWolf
Here to help

Unfortunately some of us IT folk are still holding down the fort handling the local issues that aren't so easy to do remotely.  (Hey, someone has to change out the backup tapes, even if they are redundant.)

anakrre
Meraki Employee

Ana Carreto_Meraki.JPG

Meraki Gnomes are our special guests in our afternoon tea party!

Pulkit_Mittal
Getting noticed

Meraki Lab.jpgWork From home.jpg

Meraki home lab making work productive and fun!

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

P1010663.jpg

It looks like my three colleagues received word overnight and they're sending me a message today... Safety first! Gnome unions are real.

Patmal
Comes here often

E2E_PM.jpg

The world at my fingertips...

JennyN
New here

I graduated undergrad back in December '19 and this was my graduation gift to myself. My absolute pride and joy where gaming and productivity meet.

Image from iOS (1).jpg

TomD1
Comes here often

the place that all the work get donethe place that all the work get done

SDanton
Comes here often

Adapting to working from Home.  My new Co-Worker is enjoying all of this home time.

Meraki-Work-from-home.png

EB_HelenaMT
Here to help

IMG_20200408_112151.jpg

Been a home office warrior on and off since 1999.  Newest addition is the work laptop and monitor on the left.

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

And the winners are..... @Julian@GregScarlett, and @anakrre🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉Congratulations and thanks so much to everyone who participated!