MR74-MR42E-MR53E

RafaV
New here

MR74-MR42E-MR53E

Hi

I need to install an AP in a warehouse aprox. 100x50 meters. It should not be very difficult, the shelves are aprox 1.80 mts high and there is no QR scanning or things like that. It´s just to support up to +/- 25 concurrent connections. To reach 100 mts coverage i have used normally MR74 APs but I,ve read about MR42E and MR52E and they are supposed to be focused on coverage . 

Has anyone experience with this MR42E and MR52E APs? Should they  work better than the MR74?

Any kind of suggestion will be welcome!

thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

The MR42E is 'better' than the MR74 in the sense that it is less expensive, and offers more wireless capabilities (3x3:3 vs 2x2:2 for example). Either one will work, what matters more is the antenna that you use, that is what will dictate how your coverage will look.

100 meters by 50 meters (328 feet by 164 feet) is a tad large to cover with just one AP. Not impossible but you might want to look at more than 1 access point to accomplish this.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

thank you Nolan,

appreciate your help

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels