Mounting Options (BETA) on Dashboard and Vision portal

Lola
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

YES! More exciting updates to the Dashboard and Vision portal, improving the user experience of MV smart cameras. 

Now, for fisheye cameras (MV32, and newly introduced MV93 series) the installation of the cameras can be properly reflected in the dashboard and Vision portal. 

How does this change how I view my fisheye cameras? 

Taking into consideration the different ways fisheye cameras can be mounted based on the environment, the mounting selection will now inform the zoom behavior. 

...hmm tell me more about the zoom behavior

On the dashboard and Vision portal:

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 1.35.09 PM.png

• Ceiling-mounted fisheye cameras: digital PTZ

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 1.36.10 PM.png

• Wall-Mounted fisheye cameras: digital PTZ

And how does this improve my experience?

This added functionality couldn’t be more timely and needed! With the recent release of the MV93 series, we get that there are fewer opportunities for ceiling-mounted cameras outside. So, you are able to deploy how it best fits your setting (ceiling or wall), and fully utilize the 360° capabilities indoors and outdoors. 

Great! Where can I find this setting?

In the Dashboard > While viewing a fisheye camera > Settings > Video Settings > Mounting Options

Lola_0-1663870729125.gif

The mounting option can be selected in the Dashboard, and it will be reflected in the dashboard and Vision portal.

Note: this setting is currently in BETA and will only apply to users with fisheye cameras.

For more information on this update, please refer to the MV Documentation article.