Need some help trying to get Splash Sponsored Authization infomation

Mike_Dawkins
Comes here often

Need some help trying to get Splash Sponsored Authization infomation

Trying to use the API to send me notification of sponsored authorization.  Unfortunately students and staff share a domain.

Our students have figured out they can authorize themselves (phones) on our guest network.

I'm using python and managed to get list of clients using guests on wifi and thought 

https://api.meraki.com/api/v1/networks/{networkid}/clients/{clientid}/splashAuthorizationStatus

but it doesn't seem to give any data for guest wifi clients,  I'm after the splash information from the client overview page:

Splash
    • Sponsored Guest splash
    • Authorized by {email} about 4 hours ago.Expires in about 21 hours.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please.

2 Replies 2
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

According to the documentation it might only be available to Splash pages configured as click-through : 

"/networks/{networkId}/clients/{clientId}/splashAuthorizationStatus": {
      "get": {
        "description": "Return the splash authorization for a client, for each SSID they've associated with through splash. Only enabled SSIDs with Click-through splash enabled will be included. Clients can be identified by a client key or either the MAC or IP depending on whether the network uses Track-by-IP.",
        "operationId": "getNetworkClientSplashAuthorizationStatus",
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at the Splash Access education products.

https://www.splashaccess.com/splashaccess-education-campus/ 

Splash Access is (IMHO) well priced, and I bet you could get something that does everything you want plus more things you haven't thought of yet for less than the cost of your time.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.