Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please introduce yourself [Aug 2017 - Feb 2019]

AlZ
Conversationalist

Re: Please introduce yourself

Hello everyone, I'm Al.

Network Engineer at Text 100 here in San Francisco.  We have 25 offices globally and have been switching from Cisco gear to Cisco Meraki.  Great to meet everyone.

#swagplease

Conversationalist

Richard Stinson

Techmer PM - TN

Network Admin

New here

Hello!

My name is Alex.   just purchased Meraki APs and found out about this Community.

Hope to learn a lot from all you Meraki experts.

Thanks,

Alex

New here

My name is Rich Newton and I manage the network team at Tory Burch LLC.

New here

IT Manager, Sys Admin, 1 stop shop. Love Meraki and use at remote sites and corporate location. We use MX, MR, and MS appliance. Would love to know why MX60 device has a hard time reconnecting a U340 AT&T beam device if the MX is rebooted. It is stuck trying to Connect and never says ready unless the USB is unplugged and then plugged back in. Other than that no issues with Meraki devices.

New here

System Admin, CCNA and really liking Meraki lately.

Conversationalist

Hi!

I am an IT Director for a locally owned and operated office supply/office furniture/retail business! Think Dunder Miflin but way cooler! Just jumped onto the Meraki bandwagon recently and am going whole hog. My previous role I was the IT manager for a publicly traded company with many offices throughout North America. We used Cisco exclusively for servers, phones and all networking gear. I went through two full equipment change overs there and it was pretty cool stuff. At my new job we are removing Cisco gear and replacing with all Meraki. Oh how things have changed!

I am loving the web dashboard and the wireless is rock solid. Happy to be a part of the community!

Conversationalist

Hello everyone!  My name is Mike, and I'm the Director of Business Affairs for a small private school in Harrisonburg, VA.  Areas of my responsibility include the Business Office, Technology Administration, Facilities Management and Crisis Management.  My career prior to this job was in IT, so that's still my primary passion and expertise... but in a small non-profit, we all wear many hats!

We migrated to Meraki beginning with the free Systems Manager, then quickly expanding to standardize our wireless on Meraki, and just in the last year we migrated our switches and firewall to Meraki.  We're finally under one unified platform for our network infrastructure!  We currently have 11 switches, 30 access points, and a MX100 security appliance.

I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the collective wisdom of other network admins through this forum.

Conversationalist

Senior Network Administrator who deployed and manage a full stack of Meraki gear across 2 data centers and 70+ regional offices throughout the southeastern US.

I am happy to share my experience with the dashboard and MX, MS, MR, or MV configurations and management.

CMNO #1192

Conversationalist

New to joining the community, but I've been a lurker for quite a while. I love Meraki products so much that I actually brag about them to IT friends in other businesses to try to convert them over.

Conversationalist

Hi all, I'm Andy, Systems and Support Manager for Egan a construction company in Minnesota. We love our Meraki gear.

New here

Hello Everyone!

My name is Thomas and I'm fairly new to deploying Meraki hardware. My job is to build IT departments from scratch for small companies that are growing rapidly - that entails anything from line of business applications (eCom, POS, OMS, etc)  to scalable IT infrastructure.

Meraki has made the infrastructure deployments a fun project for me. We are opening offices and stores around the globe and managing that operations with a small team is at times challenging. So I am happy to join a community of peers that I can surely learn a lot from.

Happy Holidays!

-T

Conversationalist

Hello, 

I am new to this community.

The breadth of knowledge is encouraging!

Thank you,

Michael

New here

Troy here.

Network Engineer for FerrellGas, Propane retailer across US

deploy alot of MX firewall appliances at small branch offices, starting to deploy other stack elements elsewhere as well.

Thanks for the invite!

New here

Hi All!

I am Pierre and I work as an I.T. Administrator for a manufacturing company.  We have nine sites and use all kind of Meraki equipment: firewalls, access points and switches.

Since we moved to Meraki, managing task is as different as day and night. Thumbs up Meraki!

New here

Hello! Nic here from Pennsylvania. I work in the internal IT department at an ag/heavy equipment dealer and service provider.

SA
New here

Hi Everyone. My name is Sam and I work in the IT team at New Zealand Rugby supporting both the professional side and the grassroots and game development side of our great sport.

Conversationalist

I am a compliance officer based out of Florida. Regulatory compliance os my day gig, working for several electronic music festivals and a on-air talent for a NPR affiliate is my night gig. #SwagPlease

New here

Hello!

My name is Phil Carroll, we are a customer and fan of Meraki networking gear. I am in the processing of converting all our offices over to the meraki cloud. I look forward to participating in this community.

Oh Yeah...

“swagplease”*

New here

Hi,

I'm Greg, and I work for Families, Inc out of Arkansas.  I'm the I.T. Coordinator for the company.

New here

I am a network engineer, I have used Meraki for the last 5 years. 

Conversationalist

I am Adam Kaczala and work for Critical Mix as a Support Engineer. We love the visibility Meraki gear gives us!

Conversationalist

Hello I'm Theo.  Long time Meraki user and fan.  I work in local gov and with all the features we gain from Meraki dashboard we can manage the network like the big boys.  Thx.

Here to help

Hello Everyone,

Kuga Electrical focuses on providing Energy Efficient Solutions to residential and business customers through the provision of LED lighting, Solar panels and storage.  We also provide a host of other electrical services across most of Australia.

Our sales teams use a variety of mobile devices, primarily iOS.  We use Meraki Systems Manager to remotely look after the 100+ devices we use. 

The main focus of my role is to find innovative technological solutions for Kuga that enhance our ability to grow and service our customers.

When I am not at work I am relaxing at home with my cat, guinea pigs and, occasionally, my daughter.

#swagplease

Conversationalist

Hello everyone in Meraki land.

Name: Ryan VanBeek

Position: CIO for CDP Holdings Group / Neighborhood Radiology Services / Long Island Radiology Associates

We have been a Meraki customer for approx. 2 years and have deployed many MX, MS, MR appliances to our entire environment including 7 locations and a data center co-lo.  we are looking forward to expanding into Azure with our new vMX appliance.  We have an overall positive experience with the Meraki products but sometimes wish they were a bit more robust. We have supplemented the network with Cicso CSR 1000v for 3rd party and client VPNs and have also found some workarounds with technical support for things like FLOW CONTROL and DataCenterBridging on our aggregate switches and stacked core switches.

In my spare time I enjoy expanding my home automation, playing with my 3 young daughters, and enjoying a nice dinner with my wife.  Time for golf would be nice as well but that ship has sailed!

Pleasure to make everyones acquaintance and look forward to a rewarding knowledge sharing experience.

Best regards,
Ryan (DUTCHITGUY)

Conversationalist

Charlie Chen, Member of Master of Business and Technology, UTS

An enthusiastic and dedicate IT leader with over 20+ years’ experience in successfully manage ICT strategy, operations, projects and programs. Possess excellent directing, coordinating ICT activities and stakeholder management skills. I have practical experience in developing and implementing IT infrastructure/system, improve business competitiveness and empowering operation efficiency. I am a confident, inspirational leader with the ability to develop strategic initiatives, build high performing teams and execute solid plans to deliver innovated business solutions to the organization. I also possess strong business acumen and has the ability to build long term business partnership with internal and external stakeholders. I have track record of aligning IT applications to the business objective.

New here

Hi, my name is Frank T and I am a Merakiholic.

I was lucky to test one MR18 some years ago and never looked back.

My experience with Meraki is, it simply works. All of it.

It might be that some settings are not "normal" and Cisco addicts will mostly scream and have difficulties to change over.

But for me, Meraki is the network life saver.

The only really bad thing about MX devices is the VPN set up on Windows. I guess there is much to improve.

Hope you keep going and invent more devices to put on your cloud.

Well done.

Thanks

Frank T

Conversationalist

Hi Everyone,

I am the network engineer responsible for all data/voice/security architecture at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland Washington!

New here

Hello. Just an IT user of Meraki looking to add to my toolbox.

New here

I'm Dave.  I'm a Sr Network Admin and we have Meraki switches, router/firewall, and WAPs deployed.

New here

I'm SysAdmin for an INGO and we currently have Cisco Meraki wireless and switches deployed in a few US based offices.

Conversationalist

G’day, Dom from the ATO. Small Cisco Meraki network around Australia helping out the taxation and super systems for all of Australia.  Cisco Meraki rocks.  

Conversationalist

Nathan, IT Manager - Meraki user and fan

New here

Hi there

My name's Dave, IT generalist, I work in Melbourne Australia for a library service. We've got 9 libraries plus a Head Office. We've just deployed new Meraki APs to all locations and I'm loving the cloud management aspect. We may even go with Meraki switches, cameras and firewalls in future.

Regards

🙂

New here

Hi All,  I'm Mike, I work for a IT Managed Services company as an Engineer.

Currently interested in further exploring SD-WANs and where they may fit in with our client's needs.

Highlighted
New here

Hello, 

Dan here. Technical Project Manager, using Meraki MR32 and 74 APs. We deploy them at sporting events around the country and world. 

Conversationalist

Hello my name is Jacob. I work for UMASSMemorial Healthcare in Worcester, MA. We utilize Meraki for all our small Dr. office and remote facilities sites. I stay very busy with my family, especially my twin 4yr old girls.

New here

Hi, My name is Jay and I am a network and Systems admin.  Just this year we replaced our ailing Meru wireless system with Meraki's wireless system. I have to say I am pleased with it so far but I have limited experience with Meraki up to this point. I am joining this community to try to pick up tips, tricks and technical solutions to any problems that arise.

New here

New here

So, I forgot to uncheck the Email me when someone replies box. Please, please, please, please tell me there is a way to undo this setting after it has posted.

New here

So, I forgot to uncheck the Email me when someone replies box. Please, please, please, please tell me there is a way to undo this setting after it has posted.

Getting noticed

Yes.  Click on your username at the top left of the forum.  Click on My Subscriptions.  Find the post and remove it from your subscriptions. 

Conversationalist

Hello Everyone..I work at BHPi in Downtown Detroit. We just put in a Meraki Wireless solution here about 6 months ago. We are loving it!!
New here

Hi,  

I am David Russell.  I am the network architect for Dow Jones.

We have been using Meraki security appliances and APs for a couple of years and just rolled out our global regional hub solution using the BGP feature.

David 

New here

IT Manager....Meraki user for the last 3 years. Love all the products, support, and sales staff.

Here to help

Work in a small, 3 branch library, town where I am the IT department, so Meraki has been a blessing in disguise.  I am the IT person because I liked computers but 7 years later am I know so much more about computers, servers and networks, I think I am starting to find my place but still need loads of help.

New here

I forgot to include in my introduction that I am in the Pittsburgh area.

Conversationalist

Hey there! Name is Phil and I'm a Network admin in the twin cities area! Big fan of Cisco and Meraki gear!

Conversationalist

Hello,

I'm Reza and work in IT Financial Industry as a Network Engineer. I am please to be part of the Meraki community!!!!

Conversationalist

Hello all,

I'm an IT professional in local government.  Our network is completely Meraki-Cisco based, and I have been using these products for years with great success.  I look forward to being a part of this community.