Different historical connectivity show for same location MR's

Suha
Just browsing

Different historical connectivity show for same location MR's

Hi

I have 4 MR's in same building and i see historical connectivity is not the same for them , so for example in dashboard i see:

First MR cut at 10:00 AM and back online then

The  second cut at 10:50 AM  and back online then

The third cut  at 11:15 and back online 

those MR's  connected to same mx  same internet line . They should reflect same time up and same time down 

if we say we have issue with this site Answer is no coz i have 6 sites have same issue

Note :  All sites are in same country 

Any reason why this is happening ?

Suha_0-1600341441052.png

4 REPLIES 4
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Given that they all show lost connectivity at different times, I would say they each need troubleshooting separately.  They certainly will all have different connectivity;  even if they all connect to the same access switch, which seems unlikely, they will each have their own port.   Only an issue with a common upstream component for all four would cause them to show lost connectivity at the same time - and assuming all the devices are in the same Dashboard and Time zone  (as it appears you've stitched together a number of screenshots there)

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That first graph has a completely repeating pattern.  That indicates something in the environment to me.  The other slook different.

Do you have anything with a power timer?

Do you use Meraki switches with a schedule for turning ports on and off?

Any chance there is an IP address conflict?

Where is the DNS server they are talking to?

Answers :

Do you have anything with a power timer? NO

Do you use Meraki switches with a schedule for turning ports on and off? no schedule

Any chance there is an IP address conflict? MX is the DHCP and MR's are not configured with NAT. MR's are having static IPS

Where is the DNS server they are talking to? our Azure and google ( rest of our offices in other countries have same settings and not facing any issue )

the weird thing that this issue is recently showed up they were working fine .

I have 29 Mr's (models 18 and 33) in different locations same country and facing same issue 

Note:  the country i am in is facing internet issues recently ( slowness ).... Could it be the reason ? 

Note : we have not changed any old settings and they were working perfect for years then why now? and why the 29 faced issue at this time?  is it ISP issue ? ( i have no idea )   ..

I have also other issues with all the 29 MRs recently  :

The 18 show slightly cut while 33 show up and down ( although they are connected to same internet line same mx (  cut is not same time also)

The 18 are not broadcasting any SSID while The 33 are broadcasting normal 

MR.JPG

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Suha The orange is usually cannot find DNS and the red is cannot find Meraki cloud (which in your case could be due to not finding DNS).  I'd suggest you set up a network monitoring tool at one of the sites, like Solarwinds Network Monitor or similar, and enter the IP addresses of the DNS that you use and see if if is purely an Internet issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels