Authentication takes over 12000 miliseconds

Craig10
Here to help

Authentication takes over 12000 miliseconds

Hi, 

Authentication takes over 12000 miliseconds, is this normal? (see attached screenshot)

Craig10_0-1666787601148.png

Devices on our network drop offline randomly on the Wi-Fi (both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz)

Also, the devices in question 'hop' between APs quite regularly-is this normal? This screenshot is from 2hours connectivity this morning-

Craig10_1-1666787841257.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nope, what type of authentication are you using? I believe that is 802.1x. Does your server is on LAN or on the cloud?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The device constantly 'hopping' from AP to AP, is that normal?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Roaming is a customer decision but it is not normal for him to be "hopping'" from one AP to another all the time unless he is moving around a lot within the environment.

What Radius are you using? NPS, freeradius, Cisco ISE.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Cisco ISE

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I recommend you perform packet capture and open a support case.

Craig10
Here to help

Yes, 802.1x. The radius server is on the same LAN.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

What type of environment is this occuring in? A warehouse of sorts? Are these clients scanners?

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

These clients are Windows laptops in an everyday office environment, nothing special.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you ping the ISE server what are the ping times?

The pings are pretty good-

Craig10_0-1666811495776.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels