MX Group Policy BW Limit

TheOldGuy
Here to help

MX Group Policy BW Limit

When I set a group policy bandwidth limit it seems to also limit the amount of traffic that is available locally as well over the wifi network. Is that true? If it is, is there a way to separate it? 

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you have applied a group policy to a machine, and it is affecting the machine weather it is plugged into Wifi or Wired (which is correct by design)?  What outcome would you like to achieve that is different?

Yes, I want that as well, but if they are communicating with an internal server they are only seeing 5mbit of throughput, I want to limit internet connection to 5mbit only. 

Client - Internet - 5mbit

Client - Intranet(Internal Servers) - Unlimited

To my knowledge this isn't possible. My recommendation would be to use the "Make a Wish" feature within the dashboard.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Drop the WiFi users into a separate VLAN.  Apply the speed limiting on that VLAN on an MX.  That will limit their Internet performance while not affecting internal server access.

Fady
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

How about you have a limit for the group policy while use traffic shaping configuration under bandwidth then from the traffic shaping under the same group policy, you have a rule for intranet subnet and choose Ignore network per-client limit.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels