Live Streaming

AAcademy
Here to help

Live Streaming

We recently purchased an MX 250 for the school and a company is setting up cameras to Live Stream hockey games. The company installing the cameras do not know what ports need to be open. I have a one to one NAT set up and would like to only open ports that are needed. Anyone have suggestions other port 80 and 443?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Google the brand of camera or the system and "firewall rules" and you should find the answer.

If they are using something like YouTube Streaming you wont need to open up any ports.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AAcademy  What streaming platform are you using?, I have a bit of experience with live streaming so should be able to help you out.

Thanks Blake

The company is called LiveBarn and so far the staff I have dealt with know hockey better than networking. The response form their tech support was they need all ports which I am not going to allow. Looks like off the shelf equipment so I doubt there is anything to sophisticated about the streaming service. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels