cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corona / Covid 19 use: Scanning API Demo App as basis for generating map of people in a store

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Corona / Covid 19 use: Scanning API Demo App as basis for generating map of people in a store

We have a number of food retail stores in Denmark with Cisco Meraki access points. We would like to offer citizens to get an approximation of the number of devices (~ people) in a store, so they can determine whether the store is too crowded to go.

The goal: publish a very simple live map of our floorplans with dots for each device, connected or not.

Very similar to: http://live-map.meraki.com/

I would very l´much appreciate if someone with experience with this app, platform and heraku could assist. I have some experience, but given the limited time, I would prefer not to learn everything mysqlf, so I basically need assistance to get the basic system up and running, and then I can modify as needed.

Anyone?
Thanks, Torsten

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Here to help

Re: Corona / Covid 19 use: Scanning API Demo App as basis for generating map of people in a store

Hi,

Its very simple, you could just use the Scanning API and save all data to MYSQL and the just use SQL to filter out the correct data 🙂 

Guess you only need the numbers right?

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: Corona / Covid 19 use: Scanning API Demo App as basis for generating map of people in a store

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Numbers are fine, but I think the heatmap is a nice way of presenting it.

Highlighted
Conversationalist

I have, and this is where I found the Scanning API Demo App that with just some tweaks would work.

Highlighted
Here to help

I found and old script i made some years ago.

Mabye you can use that.

https://pastebin.com/8YALHr7Q

Highlighted
Here to help

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.