Connectivity Issues

NewToNetworking
Here to help

Connectivity Issues

I have a badge reader that has been installed but I am getting no signal from the device but it is showing on the Meraki switch that I am getting power to it from the switch. The device is connected to the back of a patch panel then ran to the switch. If I use a POE injector in to the patch panel and connect my laptop I can access the badge reader and configure the network settings. What are your thoughts on the issues I am experiencing? All information is configured the same as other door controllers that are connected to a different switch. Default gateway, IP and subnet mask all look correct. 

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the switch port definitely in the correct VLAN and configured as an access port?

If you do a switch port cable test does it say anything interesting?

When it works on the notebook, is it getting a Gigabit connection or something else (like 100Mb/s)?  If it is only 100Mb/s, perhaps try changing the switch port to match.

If you do a packet capture on the switch port do you see anything at all coming from the device?

I did double check and the switchport is on the correct vlan. The cable test does say that the 3 and 4 are short but I did some research to find that this could be a bug. I have tried changing from auto negotiate to other types with no resolution. The packet capture shows nothing at all on the switch port unfortunately. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels