Announcing Meraki Display for Apple TV

Saralyn
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Announcing Meraki Display for Apple TV

We are excited to officially announce Meraki Display, a new Apple TV app for live streaming video walls, now available on the Apple App Store. Meraki Display is a simple, dedicated video wall monitoring solution. Alongside the Vision portal and the Meraki mobile app, Meraki Display is another tool for security teams to keep facilities safe.

Saralyn_0-1677114411764.png

Where can I use Meraki Display?

Meraki Display offers an effortless, plug-and-play installation that allows organizations to deploy video walls without a dedicated PC. The compact form factor of Apple TV and the cloud-first Meraki platform delivers a secure and scalable solution that can be used for a variety of applications, including:

• 24/7 surveillance from a security control room or back office
  • Active monitoring at reception areas or front desks
  • Deterring unlawful behavior by mounting in public areas, like entrances and exits

Want to get started? Download the app to start your 30 day trial. After 30 days, you can purchase the Meraki Display license (LIC-DISPLAY-XY, where X = 1, 3, or 5).

What if I was part of the public beta?

If you are part of the Meraki Display beta, you will still have access to the program until April 19, 2023. Additionally, new installs from the app store are eligible for the 30 day trial. 

To learn more about Meraki Display, please visit the following articles:

11 REPLIES 11
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Saralyn :awesome

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes!!! All I can say is finally!!!

Now to upgrade my AppleTV at home!

Aquatoes
Getting noticed

Hello, We downloaded the trial and are using it now. I am using a brand new current generation apple TV on the same network as the cameras. We are experiencing a roughly 15.5 second delay from when something happens in real life to when we can see it on apple tv. Through normal viewing of a browser there is only about a 2-3 second delay typically. Is this normal with Apple TV or should we engage support?

Hanz
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Aquatoes - we are sorry about the latency you are experiencing. Our team is in the process of making improvements to live stream latency for Meraki Display. In the near future, we will make the announcement once that upgrade is complete and out in the field.

Dudleydogg
A model citizen

What is the Cost for this trying to figure that one out

We typically see the price roughly the exact same as a single camera license.

TomMc
Here to help

Hi, we are testing the Meraki Di and it doesn't seem to cycle through the video walls like it did on Windows.  Is there a setting to have it cycle through video walls?  For example, 48 camera views, cycle through 16 at a time for 'x' number of seconds each? 

Also, is there a way to have it remember the password when it is restarted so it doesn't have to be manually entered each time it is restarted?  (we prefer to keep the password private and not let security guards have it).

Thanks!

Aquatoes
Getting noticed

The official Meraki display app details state that video wall rotation is not currently available on Meraki Display for Apple TV but that is a feature coming soon. I have Also had discussion with Meraki product team and currently there is no way to save password etc but they are in talks to create a type of viewing account admin for Meraki Display that will have this capability. I haven’t heard anything about that though since beginning of this year. 

Hi Aquatoes, thank you very much for the information on both questions.  I thought I was missing something on the rotation piece.

Dunky
A model citizen

Do we know if/when this will support SAML?

All our logins use our Azure.

progman12
Comes here often

Unless you have SSO only, you can add single users even with external emails . Go to Organization/Administrators and add one.  Sends a verification link. That's what we did. Still looking for the rotating wall. Once it gets that, things will be great.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.