NEW VPN ISSUE JUST STARTED AGAIN

Scott_Newton
Here to help

NEW VPN ISSUE JUST STARTED AGAIN

After this morning with the VPN 718 error I have users who where working just fine now reporting a L2TP connection attempt failed error message. 

This seems to NOT be related to the MS Windows update KB5009543 issue as we resolved that issue last week.

This seems to be related to a change Meraki just made in a configuration that started about 30 minutes ago.

Is anyone seeing this same issue with end-uses using VPN?

10 Replies 10
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you contact support. 

@pratikvyas Are there any known issues happening at the moment? 

I don't think support is answering calls right now. I been on hold for about 2 hours now.

Scott_Newton
Here to help

I have contacted support and opened a ticket as well as been on hold for well over an hour only to be hung up on.  Still on hold.

Since I seem to be the only one having this issue - I think there is something wrong with the appliance.

We are having the issue as well?   People were connecting after the earlier outage and now we can't.  I've opened a ticket as well, maybe an hour ago.  

Thank you for the validation.  I though it was just us.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried rebooting the appliance at all? 

What firmware version are you running? 

V15.44 and no - have not tried restarting.

1 hr 5 min after waiting on hold a tech finally answered.

We are on a call with him now.

Keep me posted, I'm on MY VPN at home but believe I have some users still having issues.  I'm checking with them now

Our issues are resolved but my ticket hasn't been updated.  Good luck Scott!!

Great to hear!  Our issues were resolved as well after working with support.  

This second VPN issue we had was related to the passphrase being reset - something I would not have reviewed.  Still not sure how it happened but it did occur when we were working on the first VPN issue today.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels