Suggestion: Add $OWNERFULLNAME to list of supported variables for custom Apple profiles

PaulG
Conversationalist

Suggestion: Add $OWNERFULLNAME to list of supported variables for custom Apple profiles

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of deploying custom Apple profiles with IMAP payloads. Here, Apple provides the 'EmailAccountName' key to specify a user's full name. Most of what I need to deploy this profile is covered by the set of variables offered to us by Meraki SM. However, I currently don't see any option to retrieve each user's full name using a variable. My workaround for now is to put each user's full name in each device's Dashboard notes field and retrieve that using the '$NOTES' variable.

So I would like to propose adding another variable, perhaps named '$OWNERFULLNAME', that would retrieve each owner's full name as specified in the Owner's section and make that information available to use in custom Apple profiles.

I could see this being useful in all kinds of different scenarios beyond IMAP / Mail.

Thanks,

Paul

1 REPLY 1
Atari007
Conversationalist

Amen!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels