Please introduce yourself [Aug 2017 - Feb 2019]

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please introduce yourself [Aug 2017 - Feb 2019]

UPDATE: We've archived this post and created a new space for introductions here.

Welcome to the Meraki Community. We are excited to provide this forum as a place for our customers and partners to interact with us and with each other. We’d love to get to know you.

Reply to this thread to let us know who you are, what you do, what expertise you have to share, what you may be looking for in this community, your hobbies… anything you’d like. Just hit that first big green "Reply" button below to get started.

Pro tip: when replying, you may wish to UNCHECK the "Email me when someone replies" checkbox (screenshot below). This thread is popular and you might not want an email each time someone posts on it!

email-replies.png

We look forward to meeting you!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
744 REPLIES 744
JimTiedeman
New here

Hi Jim Tiedeman

New here and love my Meraki gear. Work for AT&T based in Frankfurt Germany area.

Love the training and support from Cisco- Meraki team.

@JimTiedeman wrote:

New here and love my Meraki gear. Work for AT&T based in Frankfurt Germany area. Love the training and support from Cisco- Meraki team. 

Welcome, Jim - and congrats on making your first post! You're now eligible for a First Post Week prize. Glad to hear you love the gear, training, and support we provide. We hope you also come to love the Community 😀

Have a great day!

F_Fukumoto
Conversationalist

Hello everybody!

I'm Francisco Fukumoto, I work for BT as a technical designer for new business (pre sales), based in Sao Paulo/Brazil. Looking forward to learning with this community.

Cheers

@F_Fukumoto wrote:

I'm Francisco Fukumoto, I work for BT as a technical designer for new business (pre sales), based in Sao Paulo/Brazil. Looking forward to learning with this community.

Welcome, Francisco and thanks for joining the Meraki Community! You're now eligible for a First Post Week prize - stay tuned for the announcement of the winners next week. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have in the relevant product's board in our Product & Technology Discussions.

Cheers!

JonMAlexander
Conversationalist

Hello Meraki Community. Jon from Best Buy for Business here. Happy to be apart of the group!

@JonMAlexander wrote:

Hello Meraki Community. Jon from Best Buy for Business here. Happy to be apart of the group!

Welcome, Jon! You're now eligible for a First Post Week prize - congrats!  Stay tuned for the announcement of the winners next week. 

Emilion
Conversationalist

It's nice meeting with new folks in here!

I am Emil Baccay from the beautiful country of the Philippines. 

Please tag me with codename "Milion"

I have been in the IT networking for more than 10years now and I am currently excited with upcoming big projects involving Meraki SDNs.

I look forward for a fruitful learnings & sharing of ideas & stuffs in this community.

best of luck to all of us here..

best,

Emil

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emilion wrote:

I have been in the IT networking for more than 10years now and I am currently excited with upcoming big projects involving Meraki SDNs.

Welcome, @Emilion! Best of luck in your upcoming projects! If questions arise as you work on these, please don't hesitate to ask them in our Product and Technology boards.

Cheers!

Leejohn1
Here to help

Heyyy guys!! 🙂

Its Lee from DiData Philippines. 

You know what? Ive been in the Wireless industry for quit some time and I can see more and more innovative ideas in this kind of Technology 🙂 Meraki really simplifies technology and more of a user friendly stuff on doing things (good job)

"Been working on one of our project with MX and MS devices and our client saw how easy and fast we deploy the network. And no worries even if some expansion will come...."

Its nice to be part of this growing community of innovators whom I could share with, collaborate with... 🙂 Expecting more on the latest updates and how we can improve this technology for the better.

BTW, anyone here is fond of drones? ping me up buddy!! 🙂

@Leejohn1 wrote:

You know what? Ive been in the Wireless industry for quit some time and I can see more and more innovative ideas in this kind of Technology 🙂 Meraki really simplifies technology and more of a user friendly stuff on doing things (good job)

Welcome, @Leejohn1! So glad to hear that you are having a great experience with Meraki products. Thanks for joining the Meraki Community!

Thanks Carol
ChrisDenny
Conversationalist

My name is Chris and I'm in the Louisville KY area.  I've been in IT for around 10 years.  I enjoy learning about technology and am fascinated by all that Meraki has to offer.  It seems like they are adding new features all the time that makes life as a network engineer easier.

@ChrisDenny wrote:

My name is Chris and I'm in the Louisville KY area.  I've been in IT for around 10 years.  I enjoy learning about technology and am fascinated by all that Meraki has to offer.  It seems like they are adding new features all the time that makes life as a network engineer easier.

Hi @ChrisDenny - welcome to the Meraki Community! We're so glad that Meraki has made your life easier... ooh, actually, you may enjoy our Community Challenge next week, as it's on a related topic... stay tuned! (I'll post an announcement about it in the Community Announcements blog)

Jason_P_Beal
New here

Hey all- I am a CCNP Collaboration and CMNA Engineer in Maine playing with different collab technologies and troubleshooting SIP trunks, building Call Managers and Spark PBXs, etc. Outside of that I play guitar and drums in a surf rock band, record music, go boating/fishing and I tinker with electronics. You can also find me on various social media platforms as JasonBealVoIP if you want to talk media streams or codecs!

Cheers,

JayBahamas2017.PNG

Jason

@Jason_P_Beal wrote:

Hey all- I am a CCNP Collaboration and CMNA Engineer in Maine playing with different collab technologies and troubleshooting SIP trunks, building Call Managers and Spark PBXs, etc. Outside of that I play guitar and drums in a surf rock band, record music, go boating/fishing and I tinker with electronics. You can also find me on various social media platforms as JasonBealVoIP if you want to talk media streams or codecs!

@Jason_P_Beal - very nice to meet you, and welcome to the Meraki Community!

Eli_Gelber
Conversationalist

Hello Meraki Community!

In July, I will celebrate 10 years at Cisco!  Woo hoo! For the last 9 years, I have been a Systems Engineer working on the NC Public Sector team out of RTP.  I work with K-12, Higher Ed and Local Government entities.

Meraki is my favorite acquisition in my tenure.  Meraki has made the biggest impact on my Home Network and on my ability to help customers manage their Networks.

I suffer from Meraki Dashboard addiction - please send help!

All the Best,

Eli 

@Eli_Gelber wrote:

In July, I will celebrate 10 years at Cisco! Woo hoo! For the last 9 years, I have been a Systems Engineer working on the NC Public Sector team out of RTP.  I work with K-12, Higher Ed and Local Government entities.

Wow, congratulations on the 10-year anniversary!

Meraki is my favorite acquisition in my tenure.  Meraki has made the biggest impact on my Home Network and on my ability to help customers manage their Networks.

That's great to hear!!

I suffer from Meraki Dashboard addiction - please send help!

There is no cure. However, I do hope that your next addiction is the Meraki Community. 😀

Have a great evening!

- Caroline 

got any tips and ticks or ways for me to be more efficient in Meraki
--Diego Gutierrez--

Hello everyone!

I'm Steven (as you probably figured from the username). Working in networking pre-sales for an IT reseller. Started at the company just over 5 years ago, around the same time when Cisco made the acquisition, which was also when we started to sell Meraki.

Just completed the CMNA course last week, should have done it ages ago but cancelled due to laptop issues as well as finding the time. Really good course and was worth the wait... using that dashboard is certainly a lot nicer than having to use CLI!

TechGuy84
Conversationalist

Hi, my name is Nate and I am the Technology Director at a small school district. I have 2 buildings I’m responsible for. I have just finished converting our JH/HS building to all Meraki equipment (6 Meraki switches, 27 access points, MX100 security appliance). The Elementary building is my next project. Right now I have a MX100 and 15 access points in that building. I am here to meet other Meraki fans like myself and to seek guidance when needed.

Thanks

@TechGuy84 wrote:

Hi, my name is Nate and I am the Technology Director at a small school district. I have 2 buildings I’m responsible for. I have just finished converting our JH/HS building to all Meraki equipment (6 Meraki switches, 27 access points, MX100 security appliance). The Elementary building is my next project. Right now I have a MX100 and 15 access points in that building. I am here to meet other Meraki fans like myself and to seek guidance when needed.

Hi @TechGuy84 and welcome to the Meraki Community! Best of luck in your elementary school deployment - and if you run into any snags or questions, please don't hesitate to ask our friendly community.

Have a great evening!
- Caroline

wreti
Conversationalist

Hi Everyone,

I'm Chris and work at Structured Communication Systems in the Pacific Northwest as a Systems Engineer. We are a Cisco/Meraki partner and a VAR/MSP, offering, security and networking solutions, systems and storage solutions, cloud offerings, and a 24/7 managed services department. I work mostly in security/networking and work with Meraki products frequently, so I'm excited to utilize this new community for suggestions when things get hairy.

I look forward to working with everyone! 🙂

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wreti wrote:

I'm Chris and work at Structured Communication Systems in the Pacific Northwest as a Systems Engineer. We are a Cisco/Meraki partner and a VAR/MSP, offering, security and networking solutions, systems and storage solutions, cloud offerings, and a 24/7 managed services department. I work mostly in security/networking and work with Meraki products frequently, so I'm excited to utilize this new community for suggestions when things get hairy

Welcome to the Meraki Community, @wreti! You're right, this community is great for suggestions when things get hairy. Maybe instead of having an astronaut as our unofficial mascot, we should have some sort of hairy beast. (🦁? 🐻? 👹? 🦍?)

Cheers!

GB4Meraki
Conversationalist

Hi, my name is Jerry and I am a Cisco CCNP wireless and Meraki CMNA engineer.  I work at Heartland Business Systems which is a Cisco/Meraki Partner and reseller in Little Chute, WI.  Meraki has been a great solution for us and I have well over 75 customers that I support ( and growing weekly).  I love watching Meraki wireless evolve and release new features and products.  Meraki has made the role as a consultant, to stay on top of the client's environment and quickly address issues, much easier.  

Thank you.

@GB4Meraki wrote:

Hi, my name is Jerry and I am a Cisco CCNP wireless and Meraki CMNA engineer.  I work at Heartland Business Systems which is a Cisco/Meraki Partner and reseller in Little Chute, WI.  Meraki has been a great solution for us and I have well over 75 customers that I support ( and growing weekly).  I love watching Meraki wireless evolve and release new features and products.  Meraki has made the role as a consultant, to stay on top of the client's environment and quickly address issues, much easier.  

Hi @GB4Meraki and welcome to the Meraki Community! We're glad to hear that Meraki has made your life easier. If any issues or questions should arise, please don't hesitate to ask our friendly community.

Cheers!

RonG
Here to help

Hi everyone, I'M Ron and I work for Cisco in the North Texas Territory Region. 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RonG wrote:

Hi everyone, I'M Ron and I work for Cisco in the North Texas Territory Region. 

Hi @RonG and welcome to the Meraki Community! It's always great to have our Cisco brethren here!

NSGuru
Getting noticed

Hi Everyone,

To start off my name is Dustin and I work for a company known as cloudIT. I help to strategically plan, setup and implement networks for a variety of customers. If you ever feel like you need a helping hand let me know. 

Thanks everyone! 

Cloud Network Engineer | cloudIT
Certified Meraki Networking Associate

Kudo this if it helped! 🙂
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NSGuru wrote:

To start off my name is Dustin and I work for a company known as cloudIT. I help to strategically plan, setup and implement networks for a variety of customers. If you ever feel like you need a helping hand let me know. 

Hi @NSGuru and welcome to the Meraki Community! You might enjoy perusing the Unanswered Questions here on the community to see if you can lend a hand.

Cheers!

Thanks Caroline ill go check it out!!! 

Cloud Network Engineer | cloudIT
Certified Meraki Networking Associate

Kudo this if it helped! 🙂
Eissam_Khoury
Conversationalist

Hello Everyone,

My name is Eissam Khoury and I am working in Technical Support on YEDA  Team at Cellcom & Netvision.

@Eissam_Khoury wrote:

My name is Eissam Khoury and I am working in Technical Support on YEDA  Team at Cellcom & Netvision.

Hello @Eissam_Khoury and welcome to the Meraki Community! We're glad you have joined us; please don't hesitate to ask technical questions in our Product & Technology boards. We also have contests once or twice a month, which are announced in Community Announcements.

thanks !!
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Figure seeing how I have waded into the community I might as well introduce myself.

I'm a system administrator for a school district in Oregon. I handle the MDM side for the district and we manage over 4500 iPads in a 1 to 1 deployment. I was instrumental in implementing MR34s throughout every classroom in the district, climbing a ladder to hang 200 APs in a week before school was fun. 

I've worked closely with both Apple and Meraki in the past to help shape and troubleshoot how Apple School Manager/ Apple Classroom and Meraki play together and love the auto-tagging features that have arrived with ASM.

If you ever have any questions about how we do things in the district feel free to reach out and I'll let you know how I've done things and lessons I have learned.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@vassallon wrote:

If you ever have any questions about how we do things in the district feel free to reach out and I'll let you know how I've done things and lessons I have learned.

Hello @vassallon and welcome to the Meraki Community. Thank you so much for offering your knowledge and experience to your fellow members, and for the posts you've made thus far in the Endpoint Management board!

Dandri
Here to help

Hi there!

I´m David and i am from Iceland. I am planning to study CCNA and more but at the moment i´m just learning on some cisco gear that i bought and am playing with at home.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dandri wrote:

I´m David and i am from Iceland. I am planning to study CCNA and more but at the moment i´m just learning on some cisco gear that i bought and am playing with at home.

Hi @Dandri and welcome to the Meraki Community! Do you have any Cisco Meraki gear, or just Cisco?

Thank you @CarolineS

I have a mr18 AP plus two non meraki switches at the moment but i am planning on getting more meraki gear later since i like it a lot.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dandri wrote:

Thank you @CarolineS

I have a mr18 AP plus two non meraki switches at the moment but i am planning on getting more meraki gear later since i like it a lot.

That's great to hear, @Dandri! If you have any questions as you start getting familiar with the Meraki setup, please don't hesitate to ask them in our Product and Technology boards.

RKacz1
Comes here often

*Waves* 

Hi, I’m Rick, IT Director for the Village of Plainfield in Illinois.  I’m a new Meraki user (wireless and MDM).

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RKacz1 wrote:

*Waves* 

Hi, I’m Rick, IT Director for the Village of Plainfield in Illinois.  I’m a new Meraki user (wireless and MDM).

*Waves Back - WITH AN EMOJI!* 👋 

Welcome to the Meraki Community, @RKacz1! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions of our friendly community. Enjoy the rest of your Friday!

Haydn
Getting noticed

Hi Everyone!

Haydn here, I'm a 'Network Technician' at a Non-Profit on the south coast of England (Hamble-Le-Rice, Southampton). We currently have Meraki AP's, Switches and SM. Potentially looking at the MX's in the future.

I've been a lurking for a bit so good to post at last! 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Haydn wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Haydn here, I'm a 'Network Technician' at a Non-Profit on the south coast of England (Hamble-Le-Rice, Southampton). We currently have Meraki AP's, Switches and SM. Potentially looking at the MX's in the future.

I've been a lurking for a bit so good to post at last! 

Hi @Haydn and welcome to the Meraki Community! Thanks for posting! Sounds like you may well join the Meraki Full-Stack club soon. Ooh, that gives me a good idea for a community profile badge... 

DwightD
New here

Hello I'm Dwight, a sysadmin, developer, general dogsbody and massive Meraki fan. I manage several Meraki networks, including one at my own home!

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DwightD wrote:

Hello I'm Dwight, a sysadmin, developer, general dogsbody and massive Meraki fan. I manage several Meraki networks, including one at my own home!

Hi @DwightD and welcome to the Meraki Community! I just had to look up the word "dogsbody," so thanks for teaching me something today (here's the wikipedia entry). If you have any Meraki-related questions, please don't hesitate to ask them in our Product and Technology boards.

Cheers!

ccruz
Comes here often

Hi everyone!!

My name is Carmelo and I am from the beatiful island of Puerto Rico.

I became a Meraki Partner before the Cisco aquisition, so it was love at first sight.

After that, Meraki has been our #1 solution for Security Appliances and Wireless Networks.

Looking forward for more successful years to come!!

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccruz wrote:

My name is Carmelo and I am from the beatiful island of Puerto Rico.

I became a Meraki Partner before the Cisco aquisition, so it was love at first sight.

After that, Meraki has been our #1 solution for Security Appliances and Wireless Networks. 

Looking forward for more successful years to come!!

Hi Carmelo, and welcome to the Meraki Community! We are so glad to hear you are enjoying your Meraki experience. Please don't hesitate to ask any Meraki-related questions you may have - or share your expertise - in our Product and Technology boards.

Cheers!

ecoen
Comes here often

Hello, everyone.

I work for Cisco in the US Partner Organization as an Enterprise Networking Technical Solutions Architect (say that 3 times fast).  I'm a Route/Switch CCIE, and have been in the industry.... well, a very long time.  In Cisco, I try to keep up with all of our route, switch, wireless, data center & collaboration products and solutions.

I started as a programmer and switched to networking later in my career.  My hobbies are network programmability, home automation & volunteering as an official for USA Swimming.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ecoen wrote:

I work for Cisco in the US Partner Organization as an Enterprise Networking Technical Solutions Architect (say that 3 times fast).  I'm a Route/Switch CCIE, and have been in the industry.... well, a very long time.  In Cisco, I try to keep up with all of our route, switch, wireless, data center & collaboration products and solutions.

I started as a programmer and switched to networking later in my career.  My hobbies are network programmability, home automation & volunteering as an official for USA Swimming.

Hi @ecoen and welcome to the Meraki Community!

It's great to have more of our Cisco brethren here. If you're interested in home automation, you may enjoy these threads: Meraki & Amazon Alexa Integration and Cisco Meraki Presence Based Remote Control.

Cheers!

DanK
Conversationalist

Hey Everyone,

My name is Daniel, I am the Social Media Manager for Hummingbird Networks, a Meraki Partner.

I love all things social media, and come from a direct-to-consumer marketing background; so this audience is a bit new to me.  Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better and contributing in any way I can!

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DanK wrote:

My name is Daniel, I am the Social Media Manager for Hummingbird Networks, a Meraki Partner.

I love all things social media, and come from a direct-to-consumer marketing background; so this audience is a bit new to me.  Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better and contributing in any way I can!

Welcome, @DanK and thanks for joining the Meraki Community! You may get a kick out of some of our "fun" threads in the Off the Stack board, like the "Before and After" pictures and Where in the world has your Meraki swag been? Take a look! We also run a lot of (perhaps Tweetable? :-)) contests & promotions, which are announced via the Community Announcements blog.

Cheers!

Mprivat
New here

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Martin Privat and I am a Sales Engineer for an MSP/ISP. While not keeping an eye on our fine Sales Folks I enjoy live music and being active outdoors-

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mprivat wrote:

My name is Martin Privat and I am a Sales Engineer for an MSP/ISP. While not keeping an eye on our fine Sales Folks I enjoy live music and being active outdoors-

Welcome, Martin! Those sales folks can indeed be wily 🙂

Tytan
Comes here often

Hi Everyone,

Tyron here from JB HiFi Solutions i work in the connectivity practice team and we're currently one of Meraki's biggest partners here in Australia. We specialise in everything from professional services, managed services, telco and AV. 

https://solutions.jbhifi.com.au/

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tytan wrote:

Tyron here from JB HiFi Solutions i work in the connectivity practice team and we're currently one of Meraki's biggest partners here in Australia. We specialise in everything from professional services, managed services, telco and AV. 

Hi @Tytan and welcome to the Meraki Community! Please don't hesitate to dive right in to the Product & Technology discussions to ask any Meraki questions that may come up in your work — or lend your knowledge by chiming in on the unanswered questions.

Have a great day!

LorenzoPalma
Conversationalist

Hi everyone, i'm Lorenzo and i work like System Engineer based on Meraki solutions. Usually i work on installation of Meraki devices in Africa.

Regards

@LorenzoPalma wrote:

Hi everyone, i'm Lorenzo and i work like System Engineer based on Meraki solutions. Usually i work on installation of Meraki devices in Africa.

Regards

Welcome to the Meraki Community, @LorenzoPalma! If you have any technical questions, please feel free to ask them in our Product & Technology discussions. Also, if you have interesting installation stories to tell, we'd love to hear them in the Off the Stack board (which is for general Meraki-related topics).

Have a wonderful day!

jannemikola
Conversationalist

Hey you all!

I am Janne Mikola, Product Manager for Telia SD-WAN service. From Telia, obviously. In case someone is not familiar with Telia, we are a service provider from Nordics + Baltics, but we do operate globally with our Telia Carrier function and in the matter of fact based on sheer amount of IP transit, Telia typically ranks top 1 or 2 in the world. We are also so-called "tier 1" operator.

I'm an SDN enthusiast, I wrote my Master's thesis on SDN Nothbound APIs some years ago and since then it has been even referenced twice in peer reviewed academic IEEE papers, which is kind of cool to me at least. I'm mostly interested in Meraki from the SD-WAN capability angle. E.g. cameras and phones don't interest me so much. MX devices for the most part.

Just earned my CMNA a couple of days ago and looking to get accepted to CMNO as well.

(Someone should try to clarify the difference of CMNA and CMNO somewhere better than it has been done. A very simple question for example: which one is more valued? Or a higher level certification? I did read that CMNO will move to an exam based model in couple of months, and it already has unique certification IDs so even though it's online, I'm leaning towards the idea that CMNO > CMNA. Typically people are stating other way around in these forums.)

@jannemikola wrote:

Just earned my CMNA a couple of days ago and looking to get accepted to CMNO as well.

(Someone should try to clarify the difference of CMNA and CMNO somewhere better than it has been done. A very simple question for example: which one is more valued? Or a higher level certification? I did read that CMNO will move to an exam based model in couple of months, and it already has unique certification IDs so even though it's online, I'm leaning towards the idea that CMNO > CMNA. Typically people are stating other way around in these forums.)

Welcome Janni

If you have CMNA, that is broadly equivalent to CMNO, except A comes before O and some CMNOs would rather have a CMNA!

Based on your Telia experience and academic qualifications, you probably want to aim yourself at Meraki Masters rather than an exam that you could pass without ever having had access to an MX. Presumably you also have MIEEE and MACM?

I cannot recall if Telia offers managed services, but the Meraki kit is a very good fit to the requirements in that sector.

Personally, I would like to see the VoIP offering expanded to Europe (Spanish, German, French and Italian versions released), but the product as presently set up is not a very good fit for European requirements (no surprise there).

What we do need is more people asking Meraki to get on with SHA-2, IPv6 and multicast the way many of the ISPs offer it (IGMP-proxy).

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

@jannemikola wrote:

Hi @jannemikola and welcome to the Meraki Community! We're glad you have found us!

To answer your question about CMNA vs CMNO - CMNA and CMNO are roughly equivalent, but CMNA is directed at Cisco / Meraki partners, whereas CMNO is for customers (the "O" stands for "Operator"). If you have your CMNA, you do not also need a CMNO; the content is very similar. I'll give your feedback to the team about the need for greater clarity describing these two certifications.

Also, stay tuned for some additional training programs the team is working on! 

Cheers!

Gerhard
Conversationalist

Hi, my name is Gerhard, I work for World Vision, I am based in Bolivia and we are Meraki users. I am also a CMNO, I am here to help and to learn.

Greetings.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gerhard wrote:

Hi, my name is Gerhard, I work for World Vision, I am based in Bolivia and we are Meraki users. I am also a CMNO, I am here to help and to learn.

Hi @Gerhard and welcome to the Meraki Community! We're glad you have joined us. Please ask any technical questions you may have in our Product & Technology Discussions, and any questions about the community itself in this board (Community Tips & Tricks). And stay tuned for contest announcements in Community Announcements!

Cheers!

sepinto
Just browsing

Hi Everyone! My name is Sérgio Pinto and I'm a Systems Engineer in Cisco Portugal. I'm thrilled to finally have achieved my CMNA certification.  Meraki rocks!

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sepinto wrote:

Hi Everyone! My name is Sérgio Pinto and I'm a Systems Engineer in Cisco Portugal. I'm thrilled to finally have achieved my CMNA certification.  Meraki rocks!

Hello Sérgio -

Welcome to the Meraki Community, and CONGRATS on being a part of our first Portugal CMNA session! 

Please don't hesitate to ask technical questions in our Product & Technology Discussions, and any questions about the community itself in this board (Community Tips & Tricks). And stay tuned for contest announcements and swag giveaways in Community Announcements!

Cheers!
- Caroline

Pugmiester
Building a reputation

Hi, Martin here from Manchester UK. A recent addition to the Meraki community and as of Wednesday the 9th, a Meraki CMNO (certificate's in the post).

A network guy for the last 15+ years (mainly Cisco Catalyst) and I look after our current EU wide Meraki wifi install (30 sites, around 200 AP's), soon to be expanded to include firewalls and switches too.

@Pugmiester wrote:

Hi, Martin here from Manchester UK. A recent addition to the Meraki community and as of Wednesday the 9th, a Meraki CMNO (certificate's in the post).

A network guy for the last 15+ years (mainly Cisco Catalyst) and I look after our current EU wide Meraki wifi install (30 sites, around 200 AP's), soon to be expanded to include firewalls and switches too.

Hi @Pugmiester and welcome to the Meraki Community! Congratulations on your CMNO! We'd love to hear any words of wisdom you have from your 200-AP installation - do feel free to post them in the Wireless discussion board.

Cheers!

mmaese
Comes here often

Hello! I'm Manuel and I work as presales engineer at Axtel in Mexico.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mmaese wrote:

Hello! I'm Manuel and I work as presales engineer at Axtel in Mexico.

Hi Manuel and welcome to the Meraki Community! Thanks for joining us. If you have any technical questions, you can check out our Product & Technology Discussions. Or check out some of our fun discussions in our general area, "Off the Stack" - a couple examples: swag, before & after pictures.

Cheers! 

Sachiko
Here to help

Hello everyone!

My name is Sachiko Joko. I'm working as a SE in Tokyo Japan.

Good to join Meraki community!

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sachiko wrote:

Hello everyone!

My name is Sachiko Joko. I'm working as a SE in Tokyo Japan.

Good to join Meraki community!

Hi @Sachiko & welcome to the community! Please don't hesitate to ask any technical or design questions you may have in our product & technology discussions. And keep an eye on Community Announcements (or even subscribe for updates) for upcoming contests & promotions.

Cheers!

NinoBrugioni
Conversationalist

Hi to all

Thanks for the invite, my name is Nino and I work for Vodafone Group as a consultant, I look forward to being part of the greater Meraki team.

@NinoBrugioni wrote:

Hi to all

Thanks for the invite, my name is Nino and I work for Vodafone Group as a consultant, I look forward to being part of the greater Meraki team.

Hi @NinoBrugioni and welcome to the Community! We're glad to have you here. If you have any technical questions, please do ask them in our Product & Technology Discussions. And stay tuned for contests and other announcements in Community Announcements.

DLinMA
Conversationalist

Hi. I'm an MSP in Massachusetts, just west of Boston.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DLinMA wrote:

Hi. I'm an MSP in Massachusetts, just west of Boston.

Hi @DLinMA and welcome to the Meraki Community. You may have already found our MSP-specific board, but in case you haven't - here it is! Have a great evening!

gisligud
Conversationalist

Hi all i am Gisli a network technician from Sensa in Iceland.

@gisligud wrote:

Hi all i am Gisli a network technician from Sensa in Iceland.

Hi Gisli and welcome to the Meraki Community!! Have a great day!

Dario_DG_ITA
Here to help

I am fond of ICT technologies. I work in a service provider in Italy. I met Meraki about 2 years ago and it was love at first sight ...

@Dario_DG_ITA wrote:

I am fond of ICT technologies. I work in a service provider in Italy. I met Meraki about 2 years ago and it was love at first sight ...

Hi Dario and welcome to the Meraki Community! We hope you find useful content here. And, of course, if you don't find what you're looking for, you can always start a new topic. Here are the Product & Technology discussion boards.

Jreinoso79
Conversationalist

Hi to all I'm Jaime, I currently work in distribution based out of Miami covering the Caribbean region. Cheers!

JRMeraki79

@Jreinoso79 wrote:

Hi to all I'm Jaime, I currently work in distribution based out of Miami covering the Caribbean region. Cheers!

Hi Jaime and welcome to the Meraki Community! If you're in Miami... are you planning to attend Cisco Live Orlando? If so, tell us on this thread and we'll send you a Meraki t-shirt and a community pin for your Cisco Live lanyard.

Hello Caroline,

I'm still pending confirmation if I'll attend or not however I was instructed to invite two of my key partners in the Caribbean so most probably I will attend the event as a host. 

JRMeraki79

@Jreinoso79 wrote:

I'm still pending confirmation if I'll attend or not however I was instructed to invite two of my key partners in the Caribbean so most probably I will attend the event as a host. 

Super! Keep us posted!

Rob_Bauhuis
Here to help

Hidy Howdy Team,

I am Rob Bauhuis and I am a Master in Calgary Canada.  I work for TELUS Communications Inc.

We have embraced the Meraki product suite for our Managed Premise as a Service protfolio.  If I can categorize it - we've hitched our wagon to a comet!  Our funnel sits at a $multi M (cdn) (or $23.00 usd hehehe) with significant interest from our client base.

Full of opinions, sometimes with an answer or two, occasionally a question - I will do my utmost to offer solid responses.

Good Luck Masters!

Welcome, @Rob_Bauhuis! Thanks for joining us!

@Rob_Bauhuis wrote:

If I can categorize it - we've hitched our wagon to a comet! 

In a fit of Thursday afternoon procrastination, I've come up with an even better (or not 😛 ) metaphor: you hitched your Meraki skateboard to a comet!  🚀 
Lspn_comet_halley.jpg

Cheers!

Cheers $community,

I am Roble, originating from Germany, been working in IT since 1996, still equipped with an ICQ Number (6 digits), grown up with Cisco Catalyst, Pix, ASA, FWSM, ACE etc. and changed from "da terminal" to management approx. 8 years ago. Due to recent events I now have to support the family business and dropped out of the IT Industry for a while, been working as business unit director with Logicalis before and also spent some time at big blue.

Since March I got the opportunity, to be able to support the management of two Hotels in Tanzania, East Africa and therefore I am having this back to the roots moment, while cleaning up our infrastructure. The network skill I encountered so far circles around the "this has worked all the time, what is /24, Kiefer Sutherland?, internet is dead boss!" kind.

My networking skills/certs back in the days CCNA, CCSP (CCNP Security nowadays) and I was a disciple of the church of "anything else then terminal is a gift from Satan!" or "who needs a GUI?". Recently I have seen the light and became a Meraki fanboy including a CMNA.

Long story short, I'm the new guy and /wave from Dar es Salaam.

Roble

^z

#wr

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Roble wrote:

Cheers $community, 

My networking skills/certs back in the days CCNA, CCSP (CCNP Security nowadays) and I was a disciple of the church of "anything else then terminal is a gift from Satan!" or "who needs a GUI?". Recently I have seen the light and became a Meraki fanboy including a CMNA.

Long story short, I'm the new guy and /wave from Dar es Salaam.

@Roble: WELCOME! Congrats on your CMNA (and you now have your CMNA profile badge too!). Glad to hear you've come over to the GUI side — it's all rainbows and unicorns over here, isn't it? 🌈🦄(and gnomes, comets, and skateboards... see my latest Photoshop masterpiece: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Community-Tips-Tricks/Please-introduce-yourself/m-p/19922/highlight/...). In any case, we're glad you've found the community, and please keep us posted on your Dar es Salaam adventures.

Cheers!

Andi
Conversationalist

Hi

I am an Onsite Support Specialist, in End User Services department in HKScan Estonia (HKScan OYj).

Dealing with information management and user support, incl. local network devices.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andi wrote:

I am an Onsite Support Specialist, in End User Services department in HKScan Estonia (HKScan OYj).

Dealing with information management and user support, incl. local network devices.

Hi @Andi and welcome to the Meraki Community! Please feel free to ask any technical or troubleshooting questions that you may have in our Product & Technology discussions - and keep an eye on (or even subscribe to!) Community Announcements for upcoming contests & promotions. Cheers!

Bill_Hurley
Conversationalist

Hi. My Name is Bill and I am in IT for Bell Canada serving small medium and Enterprise Customers

Welcome Bill from Bell !

@Bill_Hurley wrote:

Hi. My Name is Bill and I am in IT for Bell Canada serving small medium and Enterprise Customers

Hi @Bill_Hurley! Welcome to the Meraki Community. We look forward to hearing more about your IT adventures - please feel free to post any technical questions in our Product & Technology discussions (or stories you'd like to share / before-n-after pictures in Off the Stack). Cheers!

Steeeve
Conversationalist

Hi, my name is Steve.

Our company utilizes Meraki in the Free Roam Virtual Reality space.
Completed the CMNO training and look forward to further increasing my knowledge in the Meraki space.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Steeeve wrote:

Hi, my name is Steve.

Our company utilizes Meraki in the Free Roam Virtual Reality space.
Completed the CMNO training and look forward to further increasing my knowledge in the Meraki space.

Hi @Steeeve and welcome to the Meraki Community! Congrats on your CMNO, too. I think, based on your community display names, you and @mmmmmmark will be the best of friends 🙂

CamFowles
Conversationalist

Hi,

My name is Cameron (but most people call me Cam).

I'm an ICT Systems Administrator for Hevilift in Australia. We're a charter flight company operating primarily in S.E. Asia, Papua New Guinea and Australia.

We use Meraki equipment at all of our remote sites.

Regards,

Cam.

@CamFowles wrote:

I'm an ICT Systems Administrator for Hevilift in Australia. We're a charter flight company operating primarily in S.E. Asia, Papua New Guinea and Australia.

We use Meraki equipment at all of our remote sites.

Hi @CamFowles! Welcome to the Meraki Community! I imagine you have some interesting stories to tell about IT in remote locations... please feel free to share in our Off the Stack (General discussions) board. 😀 🐨

Craig
Conversationalist

Hello all,

I'm Craig Alexander and I work for a MSP in Auckland, New Zealand. We have several customers on Meraki kit, including one with an MR33 in 30 branches and 5 x MR33 in their head office. About three years ago I also rolled out a complete suite of Meraki (MX, MR and MS) across 6 network sites.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Craig wrote:

I'm Craig Alexander and I work for a MSP in Auckland, New Zealand. We have several customers on Meraki kit, including one with an MR33 in 30 branches and 5 x MR33 in their head office. About three years ago I also rolled out a complete suite of Meraki (MX, MR and MS) across 6 network sites.

Hi @Craig and welcome to the Meraki Community! Did you know that @PhilipDAth is also in Auckland? 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Craig, which MSP do you work for?

I'm with IFM (in Auckland).

Craig
Conversationalist

DTSL in Auckland.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Perfect @Craig.  I was trying to talk Dinesh Naik and Shane Munroe into getting into Meraki a bit more.  Give them a poke and let them know I would be keen to help them get their Meraki practice going a bit more.

Jhon
Conversationalist

Hi I'm Jhon Kevin Alcala, Solutions Engineer for Wireless and Collaboration from Universal Access and Systems Solutions based in Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines. I'm a meraki fan. 🙂
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jhon wrote:
Hi I'm Jhon Kevin Alcala, Solutions Engineer for Wireless and Collaboration from Universal Access and Systems Solutions based in Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines. I'm a meraki fan. 🙂

Welcome, @Jhon! Thanks for joining us! Please feel free to post any technical questions in our Product & Technology boards. Interesting deployment stories are welcome in Off the Stack. Cheers!

TonyK
Conversationalist

Hi Team,

My name is Tony Karera and I am Networking and Security Engineer in Rwanda plus a Meraki Fan.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TonyK wrote:

My name is Tony Karera and I am Networking and Security Engineer in Rwanda plus a Meraki Fan.

Hi @TonyK and welcome to the Meraki Community! Thanks for joining us! 

stubbyd
Conversationalist

Hello all ....

I'm Stuart, live in beautiful South Wales and when not messing with ^H^H^H fixing networks I get out with my camera and drone to take images of where I live.

Here's one I grabbed with my drone just last week as the sun set behind me... though the forum here appears to have messed with the colours a bit as the blues have come out all wrong and the reds / yellows are too strong. But enjoy it anyway... and if you fancy some more then I have a video from the same night, here: Nash Point Sunset

Nash Point SunsetNash Point Sunset

p.s. I work in outsourcing so don't despise me too much 🙂

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stubbyd wrote:

I'm Stuart, live in beautiful South Wales and when not messing with ^H^H^H fixing networks I get out with my camera and drone to take images of where I live.

Hi @stubbyd and welcome to the Meraki Community! Thanks for sharing that beautiful picture! We just got our son a little drone to play with when we're in the mountains (we wouldn't be very popular with our San Francisco neighbors if we flew it at home)... and I may like it even more than he does 😛

DanielCLN
Conversationalist

Hi,

My name is Daniel and i currently work as a Consultant/Network Specialist at Tele2 Business AB in Sweden.

We have quite a lot of customers running the Meraki platform as well as traditional Cisco-platforms.

I am also a Cisco Champion (2017,2018) and a Cisco VIP (2017,2018) so i am fairly active in the community-world although my activity have dropped lately.

Part of my work consists in consulting Design and Implementations among:

-Cisco Meraki

-Cisco Nexus

-Cisco Catalyst

-Cisco Wireless

-Cisco "Softwares" (Prime, DNA-Center etc)

And I try to spend time mentoring and answering questions over at "Cisco Learning Network".

Other than that I try to play frisbee-golf when the weather allows it so I hope we will have a real summer without rain for once ;).

-Daniel

@DanielCLN wrote:

I am also a Cisco Champion (2017,2018) and a Cisco VIP (2017,2018) so i am fairly active in the community-world although my activity have dropped lately.

And I try to spend time mentoring and answering questions over at "Cisco Learning Network".

Hi @DanielCLN and welcome to the Meraki Community! Great to have some more Cisco VIPs here! I know @PhilipDAth is also a Cisco VIP, and there may well be more lurking here :-). Since you have a ton of experience with Cisco communities, do feel free to PM me with any suggestions for this one, or to post them here in our Community Tips & Tricks board.

WillKuz68
Conversationalist

Hello, My name is William Kuczmera. I am a networking consultant who currently works in a pre-sales capacity. Wireless is my passion and I have been running Meraki in my home since 2012. I am pretty well versed in Cisco Wireless as well as Meraki... I have performed roughly 20+ Meraki deployments of varying shapes and sizes before I started working in pre-sales. I am interested in attending the Meraki Masters but cant seem to get an invite.... 🙂

@WillKuz68 wrote:

Hello, My name is William Kuczmera. I am a networking consultant who currently works in a pre-sales capacity. Wireless is my passion and I have been running Meraki in my home since 2012. I am pretty well versed in Cisco Wireless as well as Meraki... I have performed roughly 20+ Meraki deployments of varying shapes and sizes before I started working in pre-sales. I am interested in attending the Meraki Masters but cant seem to get an invite.... 🙂

Hi @WillKuz68 - welcome to the Meraki Community! Good to know you're interested in the Masters program; I'll check with the team about your eligibility. In the meantime, you can learn a lot here on the Community, or put your knowledge to the test helping out those who have questions (here are the community's unanswered topics).

anthonymalanio
Conversationalist

Hello all! My name is AJ and I am a Helpdesk Technician for a medium non-profit in Upstate New York. We currently utilize Meraki devices at 50 remote sites as well as our campus network and backbone. I love using Merakis every day and it makes my job so much easier.

@anthonymalanio wrote:

Hello all! My name is AJ and I am a Helpdesk Technician for a medium non-profit in Upstate New York. We currently utilize Meraki devices at 50 remote sites as well as our campus network and backbone. I love using Merakis every day and it makes my job so much easier.

Hi @anthonymalanio and welcome to the Meraki Community! So glad to hear that Meraki makes your job easier. That's our mission, after all — to free passionate people to focus on THEIR mission. Hopefully this Community will make your job even easier when issues do arise!

jpauley1980
Conversationalist

Hello!  I'm Jonathan and I'm a dedicated Sales Engineer for ATS.  I work on solution design and technical writing such as SOWs and Time Estimates.

@jpauley1980 wrote:

Hello!  I'm Jonathan and I'm a dedicated Sales Engineer for ATS.  I work on solution design and technical writing such as SOWs and Time Estimates.

Hi @jpauley1980 and welcome to the Meraki Community! Please don't hesitate to ask any technical questions that may arise in our Product & Technology Discussions, and stay tuned for future community contests in our Community Announcements blog.

Falcon70
Conversationalist

Hello, I'm Juan Facundo Martinez, I've been evangelizing, designing and selling Cisco Meraki for 4 years. And with Cisco enterprise solutions 20 years. I believe that Cisco Meraki is the best solution and the fastest to implement.

Juan Facundo Martínez

@Falcon70 wrote:

Hello, I'm Juan Facundo Martinez, I've been evangelizing, designing and selling Cisco Meraki for 4 years. And with Cisco enterprise solutions 20 years. I believe that Cisco Meraki is the best solution and the fastest to implement.

Hi @Falcon70; welcome to the Meraki Community! Thanks for joining us. We agree that Meraki is the best solution 😄

CharlieR
Conversationalist

Hi I´m is Carlos Rodriguez, I saw the program and training of Cisco Meraki to 4 years ago, I work in a company service provider and I had posibilty of interatuar with device cisco meraki for examnple AP, MX and Sw. I think it´s a great tecnology  and I want learn more.....

@CharlieR wrote:

Hi I´m is Carlos Rodriguez, I saw the program and training of Cisco Meraki to 4 years ago, I work in a company service provider and I had posibilty of interatuar with device cisco meraki for examnple AP, MX and Sw. I think it´s a great tecnology and I want learn more.....

Hi @CharlieR, we're glad you've joined us! The community is a great way to learn more about Meraki. We are actually planning to add some formal training content here in the future, but for now just perusing the technical discussions can be quite illuminating.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@robbyb wrote:

I am getting a ton of emails from this forum, cna you please delete my post  with subject "please delete"

Those subscription emails are indeed a danger of replying to this thread - it's very popular, especially when we run promos like First Post Month. I PM'd you about this separately, but for anyone else who stumbles upon this — you can unsubscribe to the thread in two ways:

(1) Go to the first page of the thread, and, under the "⋮ Options" menu at the top, select "Unsubscribe"

- or -

(2) Go to your name in the upper right, then click "My subscriptions". From there, you can select any of your current subscriptions and delete them. You can also elect to receive your subscriptions in a daily or weekly digest.

Cheers!
- Caroline

JoseCarlosBA
Conversationalist

Hi Meraki team, I'm José Carlos from the port of Veracruz, Mexico. I work as a support engineer in Meraki with the integrative company for which I work. I'm a fan of Meraki solutions.

I have my CMNO certification and will soon get new levels.

Best regards.

@JoseCarlosBA wrote:

Hi Meraki team, I'm José Carlos from the port of Veracruz, Mexico. I work as a support engineer in Meraki with the integrative company for which I work. I'm a fan of Meraki solutions.

I have my CMNO certification and will soon get new levels.

Hi @JoseCarlosBA; welcome to the Meraki Community, and congrats on your CMNO. We hope you post any technical questions you may have in our Product & Technology discussions, and if you have any interesting Meraki-related stories to share, please feel free to share them in Off the Stack (our general discussion board).

Cheers!

Msteched
Conversationalist

My name is Rick Marks and I am Technology Director for the Granton Area Schools. I am a one man shop and have to do it all. Meraki has made life eaiser the last five years.
Rick Marks

@Msteched wrote:
My name is Rick Marks and I am Technology Director for the Granton Area Schools. I am a one man shop and have to do it all. Meraki has made life eaiser the last five years.

Hi @Msteched! Welcome to the Meraki Community. So glad to hear that Meraki has made your life easier. You may be interested in a contest we'll be starting in a couple weeks on just that topic — stay tuned! (and keep an eye on the Community Announcements blog). You'll find a number of other folks from school districts here, especially in the Endpoint Management - Systems Manager board).

Cheers!

Jenny-vivero
Conversationalist

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jenny Vivero and I am a project coordinator for Shaw Communications. I over see the implementation of our Smart Products such as voice, WiFi, surveillance, and security which is all through cisco Meraki. I love this community as much as I love the products. Having Meraki products at home definitely has improved my gaming experience 😛 

Love,

JV

@Jenny-vivero wrote:

My name is Jenny Vivero and I am a project coordinator for Shaw Communications. I over see the implementation of our Smart Products such as voice, WiFi, surveillance, and security which is all through cisco Meraki. I love this community as much as I love the products. Having Meraki products at home definitely has improved my gaming experience 😛 

Hi @Jenny-vivero and thanks for posting! It's great to have you here!

Popester
Conversationalist

Jon Pope,

Howdy, ya'll.  IT generalist in the Dallas, Fort Worth, Texas area.

@Popester wrote:

Jon Pope,

Howdy, ya'll.  IT generalist in the Dallas, Fort Worth, Texas area.

Hi @Popester and welcome to the Meraki Community! Thanks for joining us.

Javier-Zarate
Conversationalist

Hi I’m Javier Zarate from Mexico City. I work as a  Meraki partner CMNA certified. I love the brand, however, I would like to make some suggestions in order to improve as a solution and as a Team. 

Regards everyone. 

✌🏽

@Javier-Zarate wrote:

Hi I’m Javier Zarate from Mexico City. I work as a  Meraki partner CMNA certified. I love the brand, however, I would like to make some suggestions in order to improve as a solution and as a Team. 

Regards everyone. 

✌🏽

Hi @Javier-Zarate - Thanks for joining us, and congratulations on your CMNA. We'd love to hear your suggestions - perhaps in the Off the Stack (General discussions) board if you want to post your thoughts publicly. If not, probably best to leverage your Meraki sales contact for feedback.

Cheers!

Hi Caro,

Thanks. I will try to be more on line for the discussion room with other partners.

Is good to be here.

Take care 😉

K2Systems
Conversationalist

Hi Everyone,

I\m Cristian Paun from K2 systems . We moved from traditional Cisco to Meraki 5 years ago and I am happy that I took that decision. Now I have plenty o of me time for sport..

Check this out!

IMG_4770.JPG.

@K2Systems wrote:

I\m Cristian Paun from K2 systems . We moved from traditional Cisco to Meraki 5 years ago and I am happy that I took that decision. Now I have plenty o of me time for sport..

Check this out!.

@K2Systems - Welcome to the Meraki Community! Love the picture! So glad we've freed up your time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all. I'm Josh. I'm a Senior Consultant from one of the largest IT providers in New Zealand. Have been working with Cisco Meraki for a couple of years now on-and-off. Seen the portfolio expand vastly and seen a lof of evolution from often frustratingly disfunctional or limited to something far more useful.

Done my CMNA and have most of the kit running in one way or another at home. I'm a big fan of the wireless, VoIP and the camera platforms. Switching is okay, but not feeling the love for the MX platform.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all. I'm Josh. I'm a Senior Consultant from one of the largest IT providers in New Zealand. Have been working with Cisco Meraki for a couple of years now on-and-off. Seen the portfolio expand vastly and seen a lof of evolution from often frustratingly disfunctional or limited to something far more useful.

Done my CMNA and have most of the kit running in one way or another at home. I'm a big fan of the wireless, VoIP and the camera platforms. Switching is okay, but not feeling the love for the MX platform.

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Meraki Community! Congrats on your CMNA. Please do feel free to provide further product feedback in our Product & Technology boards - many folks internally do watch these forums (though specific feature requests are best made through Make a Wish and your Meraki SE; see this post for more info).

Cheers!

ColinY
Conversationalist

Hello,

I am Colin, Security Engineer in Geoswift, a global Fintech company specialized in clearing payment in and out of China.  We deployed Meraki products in our head office and branch offices. Love to see Meraki product is evolving. Cheers to all efforts. 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ColinY wrote:

I am Colin, Security Engineer in Geoswift, a global Fintech company specialized in clearing payment in and out of China.  We deployed Meraki products in our head office and branch offices. Love to see Meraki product is evolving. Cheers to all efforts. 

Hi @ColinY and welcome to the Meraki Community! 

TimmyTutone
Conversationalist

Hey all,

I'm Tim.  VP of Operations for a company that provides communications to remote work camps (think oil and gas temporary housing) across the continent.  I've been doing this, travelling the continent for about 9 years.  We've fully jumped into the Meraki stack about 6 years ago and haven't looked back.  I've moved from a Network Admin to a Network Manager to the VP of Operations, North America wide.  I love every day of my job, and Meraki makes it easy from an IT aspect.  We've deployed hundreds of sites, with 1000's of APs and switches. CMNA and CMNO training are in my portfolio and always looking for more cool stuff.

Ask my for any Meraki tips, I've probably encountered it.  I think we've ordered and installed almost every level of MX, MS and MR that exists.

@TimmyTutone wrote:

I'm Tim.  VP of Operations for a company that provides communications to remote work camps (think oil and gas temporary housing) across the continent.  I've been doing this, travelling the continent for about 9 years.  We've fully jumped into the Meraki stack about 6 years ago and haven't looked back.  I've moved from a Network Admin to a Network Manager to the VP of Operations, North America wide.  I love every day of my job, and Meraki makes it easy from an IT aspect.  We've deployed hundreds of sites, with 1000's of APs and switches. CMNA and CMNO training are in my portfolio and always looking for more cool stuff.

Ask my for any Meraki tips, I've probably encountered it.  I think we've ordered and installed almost every level of MX, MS and MR that exists.

@TimmyTutone - welcome to the Meraki Community! What an interesting job — I'm sure you have stories to share. If you're feeling share-y, do feel free to tell some tales in our Off the Stack board! And if you want to test your Meraki knowledge, maybe check out the Unanswered Topics here on the community.

sebastian-otto
Conversationalist

Hi everyone,

I'm Sebastian and a Meraki newbie. I’ve made one project with accesspoints so far and think that could be a long-term relationship. I’ve earned the CMNA a few Months ago and enjoy to set up the devices.

Normally we establish solutions with regular Cisco components like 2960X, ASA and WLC. A few of our customers will fit in the Meraki solution and I’m looking forward to it.

@sebastian-otto wrote:

I'm Sebastian and a Meraki newbie. I’ve made one project with accesspoints so far and think that could be a long-term relationship. I’ve earned the CMNA a few Months ago and enjoy to set up the devices.

@sebastian-otto - welcome to the Meraki Community! Thanks for setting up your profile picture - we have too many default planets and rocket ships around here :-). Congratulations on your CMNA, too!

Vicky
Conversationalist

Hello Everyone,

Myself Vicky Dave and I am associated with Connectivity IT Solutions Pvt Ltd as a Techno Commercial Manager. We are inspiring the transformation of our clients business with intelligent and sustainable IT Solutions. My job consists of developing new business and managing existing relationship.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vicky wrote:

Myself Vicky Dave and I am associated with Connectivity IT Solutions Pvt Ltd as a Techno Commercial Manager. We are inspiring the transformation of our clients business with intelligent and sustainable IT Solutions. My job consists of developing new business and managing existing relationship.

Hi @Vicky and welcome to the Meraki Community! If you have technical questions, please feel free to ask them in our Product & Technology discussions. And stay tuned for future contests in the Community Announcements blog.

Marc_Ph
Conversationalist

Hi Everyone,

my Name is Marc-Philipp and I am a Solution Enginieer at Deutsche Telekom.

In April I had my first contact with Meraki and I loved it.

There is much more to learn about Meraki and I can't wait to go further.

This is my first post in the Cisco Meraki Community - therefore I hope to win the Meraki socks 🙂

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marc_Ph wrote:

my Name is Marc-Philipp and I am a Solution Enginieer at Deutsche Telekom.

In April I had my first contact with Meraki and I loved it.

There is much more to learn about Meraki and I can't wait to go further.

This is my first post in the Cisco Meraki Community - therefore I hope to win the Meraki socks 🙂

Hi @Marc_Ph - thanks for making your first post! The first sock drawing will be on Monday (June 11) - stay tuned!

Meremortal
Conversationalist

It was draw of those Meraki Socks what brought me here!  

I'm Alan, IT manager for a large Bioscience company in Ireland.   Currently managing 38 (and growing) Meraki networks around the world from New Zealand to Ireland.   Huge Meraki fan boy and proud wearer of CMNO #5928.  

@Meremortal wrote:

It was draw of those Meraki Socks what brought me here!  

I'm Alan, IT manager for a large Bioscience company in Ireland.   Currently managing 38 (and growing) Meraki networks around the world from New Zealand to Ireland.   Huge Meraki fan boy and proud wearer of CMNO #5928.  

Hi @Meremortal - the socks are enticing indeed! We'll be doing the first drawing on Monday (June 11) - stay tuned. Congrats on your CMNO, too. Your CMNO profile badge will show up shortly!

Kevin_v_Houtum
Conversationalist

Hi I'm Kevin working as pre-sales advisor and I'am the evangalist of Meraki at my work in the Netherlands

@Kevin_v_Houtum wrote:

Hi I'm Kevin working as pre-sales advisor and I'am the evangalist of Meraki at my work in the Netherlands

Hi @Kevin_v_Houtum and welcome to the Meraki Community! 

Bilal-Ahmad
Conversationalist

Hello everyone,

I'd like to introduce my self, I am BILAL AHMAD, working as a Network Engineer with ARM NETWORKS LTD. i am controlling and configuring Meraki devices.

My hobbies are to learn new technology and i love to solve the critical problems. I am just so much thankful to my LORD for everything HE gave me.

@Bilal-Ahmad wrote:

I'd like to introduce my self, I am BILAL AHMAD, working as a Network Engineer with ARM NETWORKS LTD. i am controlling and configuring Meraki devices. 

Hi @Bilal-Ahmad! Welcome to the Meraki Community. If any technical questions arise for you, please do post them in the Product & Technology discussions. Cheers!

maderap
Here to help

Hello everyone,

My name is Piotr, work for AT&T as T3 support engineer.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maderap wrote:

My name is Piotr, work for AT&T as T3 support engineer.

Hi @maderap and welcome to the Meraki Community! 

jasonpoort
Conversationalist

Just a quick intro from me.  My name is Jason Poort and I am the Data Center Architect for The Iserv Company based in Grand Rapids, MI.  I've been in the IT industry for just over 22 years, and have recently received my CMNA.  I like what I am seeing with Meraki, and now have my home setup with Meraki equipment.  I look forward to seeing the changes that are coming down the road.

@jasonpoort wrote:

Just a quick intro from me.  My name is Jason Poort and I am the Data Center Architect for The Iserv Company based in Grand Rapids, MI.  I've been in the IT industry for just over 22 years, and have recently received my CMNA.  I like what I am seeing with Meraki, and now have my home setup with Meraki equipment.  I look forward to seeing the changes that are coming down the road.

Welcome, @jasonpoort! Congratulations on your CMNA - I see you have your profile badge already, hooray! Glad to hear you're enjoying your Meraki experience thus far.

Jacqueline
Conversationalist

Hello,

My name is Jacqueline. I am a Regional IT Officer  - Africa - for an International NGO. We have deployed Cisco Routers and Switches in a considerable number of our country offices in Africa and Asia.

I have worked with Meraki for two months now and I appreciate the simplicity it offers. I could however gain a lot of knowledge from interactions with colleagues using similar products so that I can fully utilize the devices' capabilities. 

I look forward to interacting with all of you.

Best regards

@Jacqueline wrote:

My name is Jacqueline. I am a Regional IT Officer  - Africa - for an International NGO. We have deployed Cisco Routers and Switches in a considerable number of our country offices in Africa and Asia.

I have worked with Meraki for two months now and I appreciate the simplicity it offers. I could however gain a lot of knowledge from interactions with colleagues using similar products so that I can fully utilize the devices' capabilities. 

Welcome, @Jacqueline! So glad to hear that you're enjoying your Meraki experience thus far. And this community is a great font of knowledge, so do feel free to ask any questions you may have! (Technical questions go in the Product & Technology discussions, and questions about the community itself can be asked in here in the Community Tips & Tricks board)

ljohnso1
Conversationalist

Hi everyone - My name is Leslie

I work for Insight as a (Pre) Sales Engineer II - National.

My focus is primarily on Cisco and Meraki

@ljohnso1 wrote:

Hi everyone - My name is Leslie

I work for Insight as a (Pre) Sales Engineer II - National.

My focus is primarily on Cisco and Meraki

Hi @ljohnso1 and welcome to the Meraki Community!

Johan_Castro
Conversationalist

Hi, my name is Johan. I work as IT manager for a private school in Costa Rica. I'm CMNO and have about 5 years using the products and Meraki has really made my life easier.

@Johan_Castro wrote:

Hi, my name is Johan. I work as IT manager for a private school in Costa Rica. I'm CMNO and have about 5 years using the products and Meraki has really made my life easier.

Welcome, @Johan_Castro! Congratulations on your CMNO. So glad to hear that Meraki has made your life easier - stay tuned for an upcoming contest in Community Announcements that may be of interest to you.

cjw
Conversationalist

Hey y'all--

I am Chris and started with TCP/IP internals and decoding Ethernet frames many years ago. Back in 1997 I started working at a consulting firm and had a great time designing and installing LANs and WANs. The first time I heard of Meraki and the management from the cloud, I had a negative view. But once I sat down and started to began to manage an installation, I instantly changed my mind and fell in love with the product! I thought that the UX is SOO intuitive easy to use. I have expertise designing network solutions with LANs, WANs, data center, and some firewalls.

I am so glad that my present employer resells Meraki. 🙂  So right now I work with the sales team and provide pre-sales support. I choose the product to quote, design the solution, and write the statements of work for implementation services we will provide.

From this community, I am looking for assistance with designing solutions. Sometimes I will have questions that the data sheets don't answer, but typically my peers would know the answer.

My hobbies are playing with my dogs and amateur radio.

Chris

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cjw wrote:

I am Chris and started with TCP/IP internals and decoding Ethernet frames many years ago. Back in 1997 I started working at a consulting firm and had a great time designing and installing LANs and WANs. The first time I heard of Meraki and the management from the cloud, I had a negative view. But once I sat down and started to began to manage an installation, I instantly changed my mind and fell in love with the product! I thought that the UX is SOO intuitive easy to use. I have expertise designing network solutions with LANs, WANs, data center, and some firewalls.

@cjw - That's the kind of story we like to hear!!

From this community, I am looking for assistance with designing solutions. Sometimes I will have questions that the data sheets don't answer, but typically my peers would know the answer. 

Fantastic — please do ask your questions in the relevant product board in Product & Technology discussions. Though, hm — if it's a full-stack design question, I'm not honestly sure of the best place to put it. For now, just pick the product that is most relevant. Maybe we'll add a board for full-stack!

Cheers!

mrush842
Conversationalist

Hello everyone! I'm Matt, a Pre Sales Engineer and a recent college grad with a degree in computer science. I'm looking to bring the software and developing side to networking, and am looking forward to begin working with Meraki's API. 

@mrush842 wrote:

Hello everyone! I'm Matt, a Pre Sales Engineer and a recent college grad with a degree in computer science. I'm looking to bring the software and developing side to networking, and am looking forward to begin working with Meraki's API. 

@mrush842 - thanks for joining us! Our API board is quite active - do feel free to ask questions there!

DAIDAI
Here to help

Hello All! I'm Daisuke, Solution consultant of SD-NW in Japan.

Our company is currently expanding across world, Hybrid-IT, SD-NW, and so on.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DAIDAI wrote:

Hello All! I'm Daisuke, Solution consultant of SD-NW in Japan.

Our company is currently expanding across world, Hybrid-IT, SD-NW, and so on.

Hi @DAIDAI and welcome to the Meraki Community! It's great to have you here.

AbdusSamad
Conversationalist

Hi,

I am Abdus Samad Siddiqi. I am a senior Network Engineer.

@AbdusSamad wrote:

I am Abdus Samad Siddiqi. I am a senior Network Engineer.

Welcome, @AbdusSamad! Thanks for joining us!

Stoffe
Here to help

Hi all! 

Chris here. I work as a consultant at the Swedish company Koneo. I've been using/selling and preached about Meraki products for about 4years now. Good to have a nice forum like this to get/give help when needed.

Have a nice day everyone! 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stoffe wrote:

Chris here. I work as a consultant at the Swedish company Koneo. I've been using/selling and preached about Meraki products for about 4years now. Good to have a nice forum like this to get/give help when needed.

Hi @Stoffe - nice to meet you! Thanks for joining us. Looking forward to hearing from you in the Product & Technology discussions!

Hi @CarolineS

Happy to be here. I'll make sure to check out Product & Tech 🙂 

Have a really nice day! 

Thomas_Terry
Conversationalist

Hello everyone,

My name is Thomas Terry and I am a 14 year US Army veteran that now works deploying Meraki devices for my company in the field. My certifications include Security +, ETA Fiber Optics Installer, and of course CMNO. I have six years of network administration experience and I have to say, Meraki is so much easier than the standard CLI. I'm joining this community so that I can expand my admin skills and learn everything there is to know about Meraki. Some of my hobbies include painting miniatures and pursuing my ever-elusive Tennessee Master Angler IV badge. 

@Thomas_Terry wrote:

My name is Thomas Terry and I am a 14 year US Army veteran that now works deploying Meraki devices for my company in the field. My certifications include Security +, ETA Fiber Optics Installer, and of course CMNO. I have six years of network administration experience and I have to say, Meraki is so much easier than the standard CLI. I'm joining this community so that I can expand my admin skills and learn everything there is to know about Meraki. Some of my hobbies include painting miniatures and pursuing my ever-elusive Tennessee Master Angler IV badge. 

Hi @Thomas_Terry and welcome to the Meraki Community! Congrats on your CMNO - I see you just got your badge. You'll find our technical discussions to expand your admin skills in the Product & Technology discussions (and, before too long, we'll be adding some formal training materials as well). Cheers!

RakeshBelsare
Conversationalist

Hi,

My name is Rakesh and i have completed my CMNO certificate recently. It gives me a great pleasure to be a part of this tech community.

@RakeshBelsare wrote:

My name is Rakesh and i have completed my CMNO certificate recently. It gives me a great pleasure to be a part of this tech community. 

Hi @RakeshBelsare! Welcome to the Meraki Community, and congratulations on your CMNO. I see you just received your badge, also. We're glad you've joined us here.

GuyWMD
Conversationalist

Hi, I'm Guy. a EMEA IT Manager based in London. 

Our organisation has a global footprint, with the majority having a Meraki MX & MR deployment. 

Last count, 64 networks across 20 odd Countries. 

Lurked for a while but thought I'd join and say hi! 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GuyWMD wrote:

Lurked for a while but thought I'd join and say hi! 

@GuyWMD - was it the socks? 🧦 😀

damianmclarnon
Conversationalist

Hello Everyone - My name is Damian and I am here to discover and explore the Meraki Community - and say "Woah!" when I see great content !! OK so that's my hello from me and hope to see everyone in the forums

@damianmclarnon wrote:

Hello Everyone - My name is Damian and I am here to discover and explore the Meraki Community - and say "Woah!" when I see great content !! OK so that's my hello from me and hope to see everyone in the forums

@damianmclarnon - WOAH! Welcome! 

X0X0X0
Here to help

Hi everyone,

My name is Lara. I work as the Wide Area Network Specialist for a K-12 district in North Carolina. I manage our firewall, content filter and Solarwinds servers. I'm also our hosted Gmail admin. I'm very excited about the current project that I'm working on. We are installing our own fiber to many of our sites now. Woop!!!

We have used Meraki for a long time now- definitely well before they were acquired by cisco. We use Meraki APs at all of our sites. It would be nice to get an MX but so far we don't have one. I really appreciate the intuitive nature and  granularity that Meraki offers in the dashboard.

When I'm not working or reading about more work, I like to play ingress, date, make jewelry and hang out at the water with friends.

That's a little about me and my boring little life in NC.

~Lara

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@X0X0X0 wrote:

My name is Lara. I work as the Wide Area Network Specialist for a K-12 district in North Carolina. I manage our firewall, content filter and Solarwinds servers. I'm also our hosted Gmail admin. I'm very excited about the current project that I'm working on. We are installing our own fiber to many of our sites now. Woop!!!

Welcome, @X0X0X0! Woop indeed!!

We have used Meraki for a long time now- definitely well before they were acquired by cisco. We use Meraki APs at all of our sites. It would be nice to get an MX but so far we don't have one. I really appreciate the intuitive nature and granularity that Meraki offers in the dashboard.

Maybe we'll have webinars one of these days that offer a free MX (I don't have any inside info, just hypothesizing / wishing on your behalf! 😀).

When I'm not working or reading about more work, I like to play ingress, date, make jewelry and hang out at the water with friends.

That's a little about me and my boring little life in NC.

Doesn't sound boring to me. Thanks for joining us, Lara!

Whoa! A free MX webinar would be AWESOME! School budgets are pretty tight these days and that would be an unbelievable thing for Meraki to do. Keep your eyes and ears open for any info. Sometimes no one knows what we need until we tell them. 😉

Thanks for welcoming me and for putting that idea out into the universe! I hope you have a great weekend.

GlennP
Conversationalist

Hello my name Glenn Pfautsch.  I am the Associate Dean for the School of School of technology and also the IT Manager for the Stevens Henager Campuses in Nampa, Boise and with remote capabilities, Idaho Falls.  My work experience includes being a Service Manager for CompUSA and a National Service Manager for Micron Electronics, before becoming a higher education instructor.   My teaching experience includes 11 years as an instructor at Boise State University where I received the Outstanding Faculty Award for the Selland College in 2008 and 1 year at the College of Western Idaho.  I have served the last 8 ½ years as the Associate Dean at Stevens Henager College.  I hold certifications as a CCNA(Cisco Certified Network Associate), and CCNP(Cisco Certified Network Professional) in Cisco and currently holds a CCAI(Cisco Certified Academy Instructor), A+, and NET+ certifications, a MTA certification along with my new CMNA certification.  Enjoy meeting all of you and thank you for the training!!!!

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GlennP wrote:

Hello my name Glenn Pfautsch.  I am the Associate Dean for the School of School of technology and also the IT Manager for the Stevens Henager Campuses in Nampa, Boise and with remote capabilities, Idaho Falls.  My work experience includes being a Service Manager for CompUSA and a National Service Manager for Micron Electronics, before becoming a higher education instructor.   My teaching experience includes 11 years as an instructor at Boise State University where I received the Outstanding Faculty Award for the Selland College in 2008 and 1 year at the College of Western Idaho.  I have served the last 8 ½ years as the Associate Dean at Stevens Henager College.  I hold certifications as a CCNA(Cisco Certified Network Associate), and CCNP(Cisco Certified Network Professional) in Cisco and currently holds a CCAI(Cisco Certified Academy Instructor), A+, and NET+ certifications, a MTA certification along with my new CMNA certification.  Enjoy meeting all of you and thank you for the training!!!!

@GlennP - Welcome to the Meraki Community! I love Boise (my sister lives there!). I see you don't yet have your CMNA badge here on your profile - I'll look into that. Have a great day and a wonderful weekend - looks like the weather is going to be nice!

HenryAgu
Conversationalist

Hello Team,

Its really good to be here, my name is Henry I work as a Network Administrator @ PCIT Services ltd located in Grande Prairie Alberta Canada. We manage IT network infrastructures for different ranges of clients which includes; Oil Servicing companies, Law firms, government offices and Clinics.

I work with wide range of Meraki hardwares, which includes firewall appliances, switches and Access points.I also  a certified StorageCraft Engineer and manage backups for all our clients using ShadowProtect and Image Manager.

Thanks for having me onboard!

Henry Agu

@HenryAgu wrote:

@Its really good to be here, my name is Henry I work as a Network Administrator @ PCIT Services ltd located in Grande Prairie Alberta Canada. We manage IT network infrastructures for different ranges of clients which includes; Oil Servicing companies, Law firms, government offices and Clinics.

I work with wide range of Meraki hardwares, which includes firewall appliances, switches and Access points.I also  a certified StorageCraft Engineer and manage backups for all our clients using ShadowProtect and Image Manager.

Hi @HenryAgu and welcome to the Meraki Community! Please don't hesitate to ask any technical questions you may have in our Product & Technology Discussions. We also encourage interesting deployment / troubleshooting stories in Off the Stack (and occasionally via contests in Community Announcements). Cheers!

vicapelli
Here to help

Hello! 

I'm Vinicius Capelli and I work as an Presales Engineer at Network1/Scansource, its a Brazilian Distributor in São Paulo, Brazil. Im a Meraki360 Official Trainer and CMNA Certified.

🙂

@vicapelli wrote:

I'm Vinicius Capelli and I work as an Presales Engineer at Network1/Scansource, its a Brazilian Distributor in São Paulo, Brazil. Im a Meraki360 Official Trainer and CMNA Certified. 

Hi @vicapelli — welcome to the Meraki Community! You've inspired me to invite all of our Meraki360 trainers onto the community. Hey @DavidC, whatcha think?

Sounds great! I can't think of a better group to invite—though, I may be a little biased.

Thanks @CarolinesS it's amazing idea!! i want to know another people meraki360 !!
TCPIPWizard
Conversationalist

Greetings!

My name is Jeff Morrison and I am a Network Administrator for DeepNet.com. I have only been working in this industry for a few years but have been interested in technology my whole life.  Finding DeepNet was a life saver for me!  I have worked in retail most of my life without very much upward mobility.  I had to make a change and that is when I found DeepNet. Without any college education, I had no idea where I would find myself trying to move out of Retail. DeepNet not only took me under their wing but allowed me to work with their extensive client list.  Almost all of our clients use Meraki hardware as that is what we prefer to work with.  Within the past 3 years I was able to assume the role of Network administrator because of how Meraki works and their philosophy in product design.  

Some of my hobbies include gaming, flying my drone and making music. I play Bass but can play guitar, sing and work with a few other instruments. I do have a passion for using Logic Pro too heh.

I have had the pleasure of setting up a Point-to-Point wireless bridge to another Meraki network using Meraki equipment in a topology that will allow additional access points on the outside network.  This was challenging but very fun at the sa

@TCPIPWizard wrote:

My name is Jeff Morrison and I am a Network Administrator for DeepNet.com. I have only been working in this industry for a few years but have been interested in technology my whole life.  Finding DeepNet was a life saver for me! I have worked in retail most of my life without very much upward mobility. I had to make a change and that is when I found DeepNet. Without any college education, I had no idea where I would find myself trying to move out of Retail. DeepNet not only took me under their wing but allowed me to work with their extensive client list.  Almost all of our clients use Meraki hardware as that is what we prefer to work with. Within the past 3 years I was able to assume the role of Network administrator because of how Meraki works and their philosophy in product design.

Welcome, @TCPIPWizard! It's so great to hear that Meraki has enabled your IT career. Thank you for joining us, and please don't hesitate to ask any technical questions in the Product & Technology discussions.

Cheers!

Ahmedin
Conversationalist

Hello, 

I'am Ahmedin, working at  Institut et Haute Ecole de la Santé La Source, (higher education in health). 

I'm working as IT System & Network Administrator. When I'm not in front of my laptop i'm playing with my kids. 

Discover Meraki few months ago and actually setup a new network with Meraki's hardware. 

CMNO Number:  008367

Ahmedin D. | IT System & Network Administrator | MCSA | CMNO
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ahmedin wrote:

I'am Ahmedin, working at  Institut et Haute Ecole de la Santé La Source, (higher education in health). 

I'm working as IT System & Network Administrator. When I'm not in front of my laptop i'm playing with my kids. 

Discover Meraki few months ago and actually setup a new network with Meraki's hardware. 

CMNO Number:  008367

Hi @Ahmedin and welcome to the Meraki Community! Congrats on your CMNO!!

ATI-MSP
Conversationalist

Hi I am Diana. I am a product manager at SITA. SITA provides IT services to the Airport Transport Industry. SITA's customers are showing interest in Meraki products offered as a managed service. I joined this community to learn from the community and hopefully I can also contribute to it in the future.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ATI-MSP wrote:

Hi I am Diana. I am a product manager at SITA. SITA provides IT services to the Airport Transport Industry. SITA's customers are showing interest in Meraki products offered as a managed service. I joined this community to learn from the community and hopefully I can also contribute to it in the future.

Welcome, @ATI-MSP! You've probably already found this, but we do have a board dedicated to managed service providers for any MSP-specific questions. Cheers!

ThomasEllis
Conversationalist

My name is Thomas.  I currently serve as a Collaboration Architect in higher ed for Liberty University.  I run a full Meraki stack at home and love the simplicity of Meraki!

@ThomasEllis wrote:

My name is Thomas.  I currently serve as a Collaboration Architect in higher ed for Liberty University.  I run a full Meraki stack at home and love the simplicity of Meraki!

Welcome, @ThomasEllis! Thanks for joining us.

CASANETWORKS
Conversationalist

Hi Everyone,

This is Ruben with CASA NETWORKS we are a Cisco Express Collaboration and Networking Partner.

@CASANETWORKS wrote:

This is Ruben with CASA NETWORKS we are a Cisco Express Collaboration and Networking Partner.

Hi @CASANETWORKS and welcome to the Meraki Community!

Jim-Norcross
Conversationalist

Hello everyone!...  my name is Jim and I'm a Network Administrator for city in the North Texas region.  I retired about 4 years ago from the Public Safety field and decided to pursue a second career in I.T. (I was only 43 when I retired).  So I taught college during the day, and attended the Cisco CCNA academy at night.  I've been working in the field for 3 years now (1 year as a Support Tech; 1 year Jr NetAdmin; 1 year NetAdmin), and I'm realizing that I should have done this a long time ago. 

I'm married and have 2 kids that are grown (Empty Nester!).  I have a B.A. in Criminal Justice, Master of Public Admin, and I'm working on my second Masters in Information Systems.  I have my CCNA R&S; studying for my CCNP R&S, and CCDA...

Hoping to meet some other pro's in the field and share ideas and solutions!

Jim

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels