[CONTEST CLOSED] Community Challenge: 30 Days of Thanks-Giving!

AmyReyes
Community Manager

gratitude challenge banner.png

EDITOR'S NOTE: All good things must come to an end, and so this contest is now closed. Kudos (seriously) to our participants for the gratitude they expressed here. And, with that, it's our pleasure to congratulate our randomly selected winners: @kevinchow , @CapitaoR , and @kYutobi . 

November is the month those of us here in the US celebrate Thanksgiving – a time to stop and take stock of all that we have to be thankful for. It’s a great time to show our gratitude and appreciation to others for the role they play in our lives. In the spirit of this season, we on the Meraki Community team are thrilled to introduce the “30 Days of Thanks-Giving Challenge.” It’s a wonderful opportunity for all of us to come together, express our gratitude, and strengthen the bonds that make our community so special. After all, the spirit of community lies in helping each other out! 

Gratitude is a powerful force that can transform our lives in profound ways. It’s not just about saying “thank you” – it’s about cultivating a mindset of appreciation that can lead to greater happiness, improved mental health, and stronger connections with those around us. When we take the time to acknowledge the kindness and support of others, we not only lift up their spirits, we nurture a sense of belonging and community that brings us all closer together. 

How it works

Participating in the challenge is easy and fun. Over the next 30 days in the month of November, we invite you to share your thanks with a member of the Meraki Community who has been particularly impactful or helped you in some way. Comment on this blog post describing what you’re thankful for and who you’d like to thank. Be sure to tag the member you’re acknowledging in your post. 

While we encourage you to thank fellow Meraki Community members, feel free to express your gratitude to anyone who has made a positive impact on your work life or career trajectory. Better still, invite them to join the Meraki Community so you can tag them in your post. 

You can also interact with the comments of fellow community members to celebrate their moments of gratitude and offer words of encouragement and support. 

As we embark on this 30-day journey of celebrating each other and giving thanks, let’s remember that gratitude knows no bounds. Together, we can make November a month filled with warmth, kindness, and a deeper sense of community. Join us in this challenge and let your gratitude shine! 

How to win

Comment on this blog post before 11:00 am EST Thursday, November 30th (11/30/2024) and share your thanks for a member who has made an impact on you specifically or the community at large. We will then draw three at random to win a pair of Cisco Meraki Marine Layer Sport Joggers. 

Cisco Meraki Marine Layer Joggers.png

TERMS & CONDITIONS
  • Limit one entry per community member
  • Submission period: Wednesday, November 1st, 2023  at 11:00am EDT through Thursday, November 30th, 2023 at 10:59am EDT
  • Prize will be a selection of Meraki swag with value not exceeding USD 50.00
  • Official terms, conditions, and eligibility information
32 Comments
Mateonet
New here

Hi everyone,

I want to thanks to migugar2@cisco.com for an awesome introductions to the new roadmap for Cisco Meraki. It helps me a lot to go beyond the next steps on this road.

Thanks u so much.

WillFulmer
Conversationalist

First off, a huge shout out to @RobinsonRoca!

🗣️Yes, he is a fellow co-worker, but he is also a #CiscoChampion, in every sense of the word.

He is a rockstar 🤘🏻, a Cisco and Meraki champion 🏆, and is always on the cutting edge of technology and ensuring our customers are apprised of the latest technologies and capabilities! 👨🏽‍💻

Here here 🍻

Durga_Konduru
Conversationalist

I want to give a big shoutout to @Nikhil for being an incredible source of knowledge and inspiration in the Meraki Community. Your expertise and willingness to help have been invaluable in my journey.

You've consistently provided insightful solutions, and your contributions have made our community stronger. Thank you for your guidance and the positive impact you've had on all of us.

agroisman
Conversationalist

Hi everyone,

I want to thank Barry Yuan (@bayuan) bayuan@cisco.com for being  incredible source of knowledge and information in both Meraki and general Cisco related topics !!!

kevinchow
Here to help

@AmyReyes Thank you for organizing all those events this year, those events and giveaways really keep this community alive and fun. It may not seem important, but when there is moments that I need help for Meraki related issues, this is the first place I come to.

@IPv6 Thank you for releasing those IPv6 features this year, keep up with the good works l!

RARAO_PROINF
Here to help

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank you @AmyReyes for conducting events through out the year and all the meraki family in to single platform.

vortex00001
Comes here often

Thanks to the entire Cisco Meraki fraternity for support, and special thanks to the background R&D team for continuously developing the products.

Willy_22
Here to help

"Big thanks to the Meraki community for all the support and knowledge! You're awesome! 🙌🌟 #MerakiCommunity"

rwiesmann
A model citizen

I would like to give a big thank you to all which participate in this great community. That's breathtaking!

Especially to the community hosts and the ones which dominate the member of the months. I like to just follow your topics and feedback. 🙌

Karberos
Conversationalist

Hello all,
I want to extend my gratitude to @AmyReyes, the community manager at Cisco Meraki, for her exceptional dedication and innovative approach to community engagement. The "30 Days of Thanks-Giving Challenge" is a perfect example of how she fosters positivity and gratitude within our community. Her contributions reach far beyond day-to-day management; she creates bonds of solidarity and appreciation among us all. Thank you, Amy, for all that you bring to the Meraki community and for the positive impact it has on each one of us. 🙏 #30DaysOfThanksGivingChallenge

MakkyCro1
Comes here often

A big thank you to all the Meraki support engineers available 24/7, answering all the dumb questions and providing fixes to the issues experienced 🙂

Hassan124
Conversationalist

We appreciate the unwavering support of the whole Cisco Meraki Team, and we especially thank @AmyReyes for her creative approach to organising events all year long.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

I would like to all the members of the Meraki Community, the leaders and @AmyReyes for all the support to make this platform awesome !

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

I had to think about this one.  I want to thank some people who are no longer with us (don't worry, they are still alive, just not in the community anymore).

Caroline Sekar ( @CarolineS ), our first community manager.  Caroline laid all the initial groundwork for what the community has become today.

Todd Nightingale, ( @tnight ), who held multiple roles in Cisco Meraki, eventually becoming a senior vice principal in Cisco before moving on to other adventures.  I think Todd offered tremendous leadership in shaping Cisco Meraki's development.  I would describe Todd as inspirational.

Thank you Caroline and Todd.  Gone, but not forgotten.

Brash
Kind of a big deal

Love the idea!
A couple of shout outs:

@DarrenOC for jumping back into the fray.

It's been great to see you so active again in the community.

Thanks for your contributions this year.

@Ryan_Miles for being a voice in the community from the Meraki side.

It's encouraging to see your posts when there's wider issues going on, letting the community know that the Meraki team is aware and are working on it.

And of course, helping out individual community members when they need it.

Thanks for being involved and invested.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

Aww shucks, kind words @Brash, thank you.  The sentiment is reciprocated.

Heartfelt thanks to all those that have welcomed me back here and have helped me rebuild some confidence following a series of setbacks.  Too many names to mention but they know who they are. So thank you 🙏.

DanielWahlsten
Getting noticed

I want to thank @PhilipDAth to always give good advice and is very passionate and dedicate to Meraki and this community

van604
Getting noticed

Being a broken record here but only the truth, I want to Thank @PhilipDAth, quick to reply to a question about my MX issue with a working resolution.  Saved me heaps of time and money not needing to upgrade gear at the momment. Thanks for being part of the community and being so helpful.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

I am thankful to a couple of people this year.

@AmyReyes  for her continued support and engagement with not only the community as a whole but on a personal level as well. 

@DarrenOC  I have got to know a little more outside of the community and has asked for my opinion with an issue he was working on, not sure if my advice was useful or not but it was nice to be considered. 

PaulHSyd
Conversationalist

I am of course thankful to @AmyReyes for keeping this thing going

DwightHirst
Conversationalist

I want to thank @CameronS for introducing me to the Meraki community.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Thankful for @CarolineS for asking me to join this great community since the beginning and to the first All Stars crew formed in 2019. Missed you all.

@BlakeRichardson @BrechtSchamp @jdsilva @Nash @Nick @NolanHerring @PhilipDAth @SoCalRacer  @ww

😁🍃kYutobi

CapitaoR
Here to help

Thanks to everyone in this community. Your content here has helped me a lot in the network field.

degarris
Here to help

I want to recognize two Meraki engineers, Supreeth Sooryaprakash our customers escalations engineer. He is a wealth of knowledge and always goes out of his way to answer questions, setup lab recreations & testing customer issues, always providing whatever support is needed. Also Zak Alcodray DrDray for his dedication in creating new "up to date"  Meraki Icons. He posted them here in the community and has received many positive thank you's & kudos. 

Wikham
Conversationalist

I wanna thank @DanielWahlsten for being the true meraki advisor. He has helped me a ton with meraki projects and beyond.

DanielWahlsten
Getting noticed

This is my boy @Wikham. It’s more than a team

effort that anything else. Big thanks to you to

my friend!

Leinad77
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

EDITOR'S NOTE: All good things must come to an end, and so this contest is now closed. Kudos (seriously) to our participants for the gratitude they expressed here. And, with that, it's our pleasure to congratulate our randomly selected winners: @kevinchow , @CapitaoR , and @kYutobi . 

AmyReyes
Community Manager

Yay thanks everyone for participating, and a big congrats to our lucky winners! I've loved reading all of your messages of gratitude for each other over the month, and I hope you enjoyed this contest, too.

Also, I'm flattered by the shoutouts y'all gave me - I definitely did not expect that! It's always my pleasure to support such a wonderful community. I am grateful for all of our members who make this community (and my job) such a supportive and great place to be. 💚

CapitaoR
Here to help

Wow... Thank you so much @Leinad77. I know everyone in this community has been active participating and positively contributing to make this a wonderful experience for each one of us. For me, this community has changed a lot the way I see and use Meraki products, and with this I would like to congratulate everyone who participated in this contest.

Best wishes,

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏Thank You @AmyReyes @Leinad77 & Everyone 🙂🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 

Leinad77
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@CapitaoR -- this is all awesome to hear. You all are what makes the Community the resource it is.

@kYutobi -- actually, thank you!! 

Brash
Kind of a big deal

Congratulations @kYutobi , @CapitaoR  and @kevinchow!