Announcing the winners of our April Points Contest

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

points-contest_email.png

It’s the end of our month-long Points Contest and the results are IN! We were so glad to see how many of you enjoyed spending some time here and earning points. During this contest, you wrote over 3,000 posts, gave each other over 4,000 kudos, and authored over 100 solutions!

Before I announce the winners, here’s a quick reminder about how the winners were selected:

• Community members were ranked based on point-earning actions taken in the community: Tier 1 required 30+ points, Tier 2 required 100+ points, and Tier 3 required 200+ points
  • An entry to each Tier gave you a chance to win that Tier’s prize
  • Each time you progressed to a higher tier, your entry also remained in the tier(s) below. This means you were entered to win all 3 Tiers’ prizes, so it’s possible for you to reach Tier 3 and earn Tier 2’s prize
  • Tier 1 earned you 1 entry to win the MV32 HW, Tier 2 earned you 2 entries, and Tier 3 earned you 3 entries
  • If you are tagged below, you have been randomly drawn to win that Tier's prize so expect to hear from me to confirm your mailing address (please note that there will be a delay in shipment due to shelter-in-place limitations)
  • If your mailing address is not located in our Eligible Countries list, we will not be able to ship to your country

And now....on to the winners!

Tier 1 Winners:

@Alberto_Araujo 
@AndreasKvist 
@BrandonS 
@cplatt 
@DrewLentz 
@German1 
@GlenW70 
@gunnyreinhard 
@jallegri 
@jwaasusps 
@KarimB 
@Krishnashahu456 
@lctronico 
@Marco_812 
@Mike_Robo_SK 
@ncowger 
@NeilPN 
@NHBrit 
@NJNetworkGuy100 
@Poom22 
@Priesty 
@Pugmiester 
@Pwash 
@randhall 
@Roberto4 
@rthiaga 
@RufTech 
@RVilhelmsen 
@taikuritaipale 
@tfriedrich 
@TimothyS 
@TQuick-1 
@Zones 
@ZOOR 
@BAllen 
@JesperMortensen 
@JohnGeorge 
@Jose1 
@QBM 
@ShaquilleDaniel 
@SoCalRacer 
@The_Machine 
@Wayner 
@Alex67 
@Greenberet 
@jdsilva 
@kYutobi 
@QLSteve 
@rwiesmann 
@TCAM_ERROR 

Tier 2 Winners:

@AndreaWimsatt 
@Andrewbluepiano 
@CCIE-Adam 
@danhosking 
@DouglasOpp 
@Edgar-VO 
@Gabriele 
@Jamieinbox 
@MackerTekGary 
@Mr_IT_Guy 
@Pedrovaranda 
@rhbirkelund 
@RTP-Ken 
@sebastianfranco 
@SJones 
@Trisha 
@zoomzale 
@colinster 
@CptnCrnch 
@DHAnderson 
@Exigere 
@GIdenJoe 
@Johnfnadez 
@Pulkit_Mittal 
@DarrenOC 

Tier 3 Winners:

FINALLY, announcing the proud new owner of an MV32 HW with a 5-year license, our grand prize winner is......

🏅🏆🎥 @PacerX!!! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Congrats👏 to everyone who participated, we had so much fun with this one! Don’t forget to keep an eye out for future contests by subscribing to our contest feed.

49 Comments
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

@PacerX  Congrats buddy!

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal

And thank you @MeredithW for another awesome competition. Well done everyone!

Pulkit_Mittal
Getting noticed

Great competition, loved it! Kudos to everyone! Well done winners and offcourse @PacerX .. @MeredithW  we should keep having such competitions every month!

Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

Omg I won!!!!😆

KRobert
Head in the Cloud

@PacerX Congrats! what a better way to join the community, then to win an MV! Thanks again everyone who participated and @MeredithW for setting this up as a great way to take our minds off the craziness of the world. 

AndreaWimsatt
Here to help

Yay!! Woot woot!!

rthiaga
Here to help

@PacerX   Congrats you earned it .. @MeredithW   who tirelessly organized it.  Looking forward to another of this.

Thanks

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal

Big fat congrats @PacerX! ANd thanks @MeredithW and @CarolineS for another great competition!

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Haha, I did it, I had a 29% chance of winning nothing and I didn't 😂 (https://community.meraki.com/t5/Community-Announcements/CONTEST-ENDED-Spend-some-WFH-time-here-on-th...)

Congrats all!

ShaquilleDaniel
Here to help

Congratulations to all the winners!!!!!!!!!!!

I do hope there is another event starting sometime soon, this was truly enjoyable...Great job @MeredithW 

merakichamp
Building a reputation

wow meraki community is the best place to be,  it is the place of comfort even during this time when the world is facing turmoils you keep on showering goodies to your members 

congrats to everyone,  we are all winners! 

#forward ever backward never  

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal

Congrats @PacerX 

@MeredithW , I promised that if I won I would donate my prizes to @Thygesen . Can I kindly ask that you swap my name for his and ship the prizes directly to him?

many thanks

Thygesen
Building a reputation

@DarrenOCYou ARE the man !!

Remember to send me a personal message with Your address, so I can return the favor with Real Mermaid / danish stuff !!
It will be my absolute pleasure !!

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Congrats to @PacerX ! 

Also thanks a lot to @MeredithW for the great contest....we are already waiting for the next one 😉 

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

Congrats @PacerX !

Alberto_Araujo
Here to help

Congratulations @PacerX !!! 🙂

Roberto4
Here to help

Good news! thanks Meredith, congratulations to all the winners and especially @PacerX

PacerX
Getting noticed

I WON!!!! WHAAAATTTT!! *faints* What a surprise to wake up to. Thanks for the congrats everyone. And here I was hoping to get a mug. 😄Ernest-thankyou.gif

Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

The shipping address will be the same that I have in my Cisco account? 😄

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

CONGRATS!!! @PacerX 🎉

RJordan-CCS
Getting noticed

Ah, the melancholy of not winning,  and yet not really losing because in the pursuit of points we found the information to make our customers with Sonos speakers much much happier and got some great ideas for fun SSID names!

Thanks @MeredithW 

And congrats, @PacerX 

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

To all the winners: I will reach out via email to confirm your shipping address!

WWWolf
Here to help

Congrats everyone!

Special congrats to @PacerX for the Grand Prize.

Also, thank you @MeredithW and Meraki for holding this fun drawing.

Julian
Getting noticed

I won the socks!!! 😄  thanks @MeredithW 

Congrats @PacerX !!! 

Prateek_1
Here to help

Congratulations all..💐💐🥂

sebastianfranco
Here to help

Felicitaciones @PacerX  y muchas gracias por la buena onda y profesionalismo de esta comunidad @MeredithW !!

Gracias !

Pulkit_Mittal
Getting noticed

@MeredithW looking forward to your message regarding the shipment address verification. 😄 

ShaquilleDaniel
Here to help

@MeredithW I don't live in any of the eligible countries so I won't be able to get my prize, unfortunately......😣

Thygesen
Building a reputation

@MeredithW  Thanx for a wonderfull initiative !! Attention and entertainment in one 😀 Very well done !! That is what makes me come back ..
These things, and the community feeling of helpfullness and sharing .. !! Great Stuff!

@PacerX: Congrats with the great prize ! Please dump some pics of the deployment ! I'm sure it can be a lot of fun placed in creative ways ..
Looking out for the horses at the farm .. Overviewing the sweet-stash at the office .. monitoring the coffe levels / heat mapping it ..

Maybe even some creative API stuff ?

Thanx for loads of fun !!

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Great comp. again and enjoyed seeing all the extra posts and banta - certainly we have a great community and compared to the equivalent SonicWall and Forthnet, its an actual pleasure being a part of this group.

@Meraki and @MeredithW  great effort and thanks

-Gary

PacerX
Getting noticed

@Thygesen Actually I was debating setting it up in my moped shop. Not sure if anyone would be interested in watching mopeds being worked on or not. Funny that you mention horses though. The maker of my brand of mopeds used a horse logo for the branding. 😄 I am just excited to get it and try it out. I think working with it will help me decide where it will end up. 

Thygesen
Building a reputation

@PacerXIs that MC or Moped ?
Mustang by any chance ?

I will look forward to se how it works out for You ..
It's brilliant that we get to spend time with the equipment in a non-stressed environment.. lot's more fun ..

With highest regards

Thyge

PacerX
Getting noticed

@Thygesen Moped = Motor + Pedals. They are like a motorized bicycle but built stronger than a bicycle. Mine are a vintage (1976-80) brand called Pacer which is where I got my user name from. I have a total of 7 bikes that I work on as well as help others with their bikes. Its a great hobby to get your mind off of tech for a bit 😄 

39921992_230396567631663_2074065489927077888_n.jpg

QBM
Here to help

WOW - I think I may have won something. Only took 50 + years to become a winner. LOL

Danny

QBM
Here to help

Congrats @PacerX  on winning the MV32 HW with a 5-year license and thanks @MeredithW for the great contest..

Danny

Jwiley78
Building a reputation

Did these ever get shipped?  I never received anything.

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@Jwiley78 they have not been shipped yet! Unfortunately, all of these swag items are living at Meraki HQ in SF and I have not been permitted to return to mail them yet. As soon as I am allowed back, I'll update everyone here to let you know your swag is finally on the way. Thanks everyone for being so patient!

Jwiley78
Building a reputation

No worries, just wondering if it got lost in the delivery.  Stay healthy!

KRobert
Head in the Cloud

Hi @MeredithW ,

Any update on these shipments? Talk like a Pirate day reminded of this.

Thank you,

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@KRobert still nothing to report, I'm afraid! As soon as I can, I'll provide the update here though 🙂

WWWolf
Here to help

It still seems a bit foreign to me when I see some businesses still keeping people home.  We are fortunate enough to be in a low impact area that is now mostly back to normal minus mask and hand sanitizer regulations.  On top of that, I personally never got the WFH experience having drawn the short straw to be the only IT worker on staff stay at the office to make sure everyone else could do what they needed to do. (Translation: My workload increased while others got to lounge at home in their PJs lol.)

Whether you are at home or the office, or somewhere in between, I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi all! So pleased to announce that we are FINALLY shipping out your prizes! Keep your eyes peeled over the next week and if you don't receive anything by December, please reach out to community-help@meraki.com. Thanks for being so patient 🙂

WWWolf
Here to help

Just in time before Christmas 😁

Thanks for all you do Meredith

WWWolf
Here to help

Well that was fast...

20201123_211900.jpg

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

152C05B5-100D-42F3-8A8C-846729401B5D.jpeg

Thanks to the team for my goodies

AndreaWimsatt
Here to help

Awesome!! I am excited!! So what was the carrier that delivered the packages?  I am just curious, since I moved 3 days ago.  I have filled out all the forms via usps for a change of address and to start forwarding my mail to the to the new place.  I also have notifications set for any fedex or ups packages being sent to me via text.  I haven’t seen anything yet, but am looking forward to it!! 

CarolineS
Community Manager

@AndreaWimsatt The packages were sent via FedEx! Hope we had the correct address for you!

AndreaWimsatt
Here to help

Well you did have the correct address until a few days ago when we moved.  Is there any way you could send me the tracking number, or I could give you my new address?

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@AndreaWimsatt I'll PM for your new address!