MR70 survey mode

Vinz3nt
New here

MR70 survey mode

Hi,

I recently bought a MR70, specifically for outdoor Ekahau surveys. Until then I only used a MR33 for the indoor surveys which works great.

I have them both set in site survey mode, left the standard name this generates intact, set the channel fixed, power to 25% as I always do a survey with Tx power to 25%

The MR33 measures 2.4 and 5 GHz. without a problem.

The MR70 though refuses to broadcast 5 GHz. (2.4 works). I just found out that while doing a Ekahau Pro survey with a Sidekick and iPad Pro. I did a survey and then you check it will show both 2.4 and 5 Ghz. as default and al looked good until I switched to 5 GHz. (I only make reports based on 5 GHz.) and to my surprise.....empty, no data on 5 GHz. at all!!

Upon investigation I learned that the 5 GHz. band is turned off, even while it's in site survey mode!

As it worked when I first tested this at home I tried that again. And as it turned out, the MR70 has to be active in the Meraki Dashboard!

So as it's a big client who needs the survey well before Christmas, as a workaround, I bought a 4G/LTE modem, stuck my phone's SIM card in it and connected this to the PoE adapter. The MR70 boots up to green/blue LED and becomes active in the Meraki Dashboard.

This workaround surely works, But I'm planning to do more outdoor surveys. 

Is it possible to test with the MR70 offline?

Did this happen because it was already active in the Meraki Dashboard? Hopefully someone can help me! Thanks!

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like a bug to me.  I would open a support case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels